Garden Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden Pics

I went and took some pics of our garden and wanted to share. We had a rather severe storm last night and it knocked back some of the plants, but they seem to be coming back okay.

This is a pic of one of the strawberry plants with a runner and it is already starting a new plant.

Strawberry plant loaded with strawberries.

My mom showing off our first ripe strawberry.

Rows of broccoli, cabbage and brussel sprouts.

Rows of bell peppers and tomatoes

Spinach and lettuce sprouting.

Up close image of one of the broccoli plants.

It is supposed to be sunny and in the 70s all this week, so maybe we can get out there and plant some more veggies! Our potatoes haven't come up yet, hopefully they will this week.

Feel free to post your garden pics on this thread!!

wow looks outstanding! keep up the good work!
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Oz, planted our potatoes around middle of March and they are finally popping up. Hang in there. Great garden and our strawberries are just starting to come on.

Comment

Originally posted by teach View Post
        Oz, planted our potatoes around middle of March and they are finally popping up. Hang in there. Great garden and our strawberries are just starting to come on.
        Thanks Teach! We planted our potatoes just a week ago, so I guess I need to practice patience. :) Post pics of your plants when you get an op as I would love to see them!

Comment

wonderful!

I still have another 2 weeks or so before I can get plants in the ground.
          "Be Excellent to Each Other"

Comment

Originally posted by Brosia View Post
            wonderful!

I still have another 2 weeks or so before I can get plants in the ground.
            These look great! Good Job OZ.
            Brosia,
            yeah, me too. I can't do a thing. We've had nothing but rain and cold. I should be good tho pretty soon. I'm anxious to get some of my stuff out of the house and in to the ground.
            Your opponet got stronger today, did you?
            {{unswydd-Of One Purpose}}

Comment

I can plant now. We had a bad freeze last week but I noticed on my way home from work just now it was 88 degrees out.

We live in a small city, so will only have containers. Will plant more at my mothers, she's got quite a bit of room. Going to try potatoes in a bag, too.
              "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

Teach, I meant to tell you that as of this past weekend, we have potatoes popping up!! :D I picked 10 strawberries, too. :)

Comment

Sounds great. We have little berries but none ripe.Hope to post some pics soon.

Comment

Oz, not to confuse you with the last post about no ripe berries and then saying I picked two gallons, we picked at a local field because our plants don't produce as many as I like to store.

Comment

Oz, not to confuse you with the last post about no ripe berries and then saying I picked two gallons, we picked at a local field because our plants don't produce as many as I like to store.
                      Confused is my constant state of mind. :D Nah, I understood what you meant. Our local field closed down and I miss picking and canning jam. We have 2 patches now and plan to expand it later.

Comment

From the garden to the table, fresh salad!! Yummy! :)

Hubby helped me put up about 25 bags of turnip greens and 15 bags of broccoli in the freezer, today.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostinoz View Post
                          Hubby helped me put up about 25 bags of turnip greens and 15 bags of broccoli in the freezer, today.
                          He's a good man!

I frequently rope Skyowl into helping me can stuff. The daughters have been helping the last couple of nights, he's had a reprieve!

The salad looks yummy!
                          "If Howdy Doody runs against him, I'm voting for the puppet." - SkyOwl's Wife, 2012

Comment

I'm so jealous of you guys who are getting stuff in from your gardens already! Mine is still being planted.:(

Comment

Working...
                            X