X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lazer128
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    You had 60 lbs of chilli meat in the house, fattened on all natural kleenex, and you still have room in your freezer? What the heck were you waiting for!!
    Never said I have room in my freezer! :confused: We stuffed 5 deer in them this season. Could have been 3 times that but my son is filling it on up with geese and ducks. Had 4 deer in the yard this week. Looks like a dang petting zoo around here at times! :eek:

These two used to help me change the oil in the Super Duty.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
    I think that is the theory...share or they will take it anyway! :D
    Nobody takes anything from me. Except currently,the government.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Alfalfa? We feed our deer kleenex! Haven't you seen this? The deer mount in the background is a 21 point my youngest son took a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfGuxuJzRpc
    You had 60 lbs of chilli meat in the house, fattened on all natural kleenex, and you still have room in your freezer? What the heck were you waiting for!!

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Where the heck would I hide it? Its the friggin desert! I will grow enough stuff to share some.
    I think that is the theory...share or they will take it anyway! :D

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by Brosia View Post
    we were warm today too. Above freezing, and the wind didn't freeze your skin off.

Your garden area looks like it'll be pretty obvious to the neighbors. Any concerns about that?
    This is Texas. There are 3.8 firearms for every person in the state. Neighbors are a might bit friendly in these parts. And I do not think that with the 7 foot fence, a mean little dog and a house full of defensive possibilities that I have to worry about watermelon thieves.

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Deer? Easy, grow alfalfa, bait the deer in, fill the freezer. Who needs beans when you have meat?
    Alfalfa? We feed our deer kleenex! Haven't you seen this? The deer mount in the background is a 21 point my youngest son took a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfGuxuJzRpc

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    I was raised to share whatever you produced in your garden with your neighbors. Looks like Rusty will have no problem being a good neighbor!

Where the heck would I hide it? Its the friggin desert! I will grow enough stuff to share some.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Great thread! I picked out a spot today that I am going to turn into a garden plot. It is covered in small trees and brush right now. It is the only spot on my place that might have enough sun to grow a garden. Not sure the deer will cooperate either, but I think I'll give it a go! Will post a pic tomorrow of the site and others as I clear the plot with the skid steer.

Deer? Easy, grow alfalfa, bait the deer in, fill the freezer. Who needs beans when you have meat?

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    we were warm today too. Above freezing, and the wind didn't freeze your skin off.

Your garden area looks like it'll be pretty obvious to the neighbors. Any concerns about that?
    I was raised to share whatever you produced in your garden with your neighbors. Looks like Rusty will have no problem being a good neighbor!

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Great thread! I picked out a spot today that I am going to turn into a garden plot. It is covered in small trees and brush right now. It is the only spot on my place that might have enough sun to grow a garden. Not sure the deer will cooperate either, but I think I'll give it a go! Will post a pic tomorrow of the site and others as I clear the plot with the skid steer.

Leave a comment:

• Brosia
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by PHR View Post
    looks like sandy soil so that means that crops that grow beneath such as carrots -onions and room for some chickens (laying hens)
    Yes, the desert has an abundance of sand.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    great start. keep the pictures coming as you progress.

My ground is frozen solid, it'll be a while before I can get any garden started.
    It was 80 today but at least we only had 40 mph gusts of dirt.

Leave a comment:

• Brosia
    replied
    great start. keep the pictures coming as you progress.

My ground is frozen solid, it'll be a while before I can get any garden started.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by PHR View Post
    looks like sandy soil so that means that crops that grow beneath such as carrots -onions and room for some chickens (laying hens)

No chickens. EVER!!! I hate those filthy feathered rats.

It is pretty hot here for Carrots. Onions are a winter crop. I will grow melons, okra, cukes, maters, and sunflowers. I may also put in some frijoles. (thats beans to you gringo's)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X