Beginning of my garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good year

We had to use a ladder to pick maters. :)
    Last edited by Rebrider; 04-14-2017, 07:19 PM.
    You can't get here from there. ;)

Comment

My garden's progress

Before....................

As it is now after working on it yesterday............

JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

I decided to quit smoking today, so I was one p^ssed off dude. I yelled at a bunch of idiots on the phone because they did not have a rototiller for me to rent. What the hell kind of rental place does not carry rototillers? So, I just friggin came home and used a G-d Damn shovel!! Here is the results so far. Oh yeah it friggin rained last night so I was butt deep in mud.

Comment

Lookin' good there Rusty. Looks like you'll need some seed and soon! :eek:

I went to the local feed & seed store today at lunch. I bought 10 pounds of seed potatoes (red skin), 20 cabbage plants, 12 broccoli, and a couple of hundred onion sets. I cut the potatoes into seed pieces as soon as I got home. Hope to start planting the cool season crops this weekend. I'll try to remember to take some pics. Garden spot turned out pretty nice. The top soil is 24-30" deep in places. I know, I placed it all there with the skid steer. My favorite gardening tool! :D

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
            Lookin' good there Rusty. Looks like you'll need some seed and soon! :eek:

I went to the local feed & seed store today at lunch. I bought 10 pounds of seed potatoes (red skin), 20 cabbage plants, 12 broccoli, and a couple of hundred onion sets. I cut the potatoes into seed pieces as soon as I got home. Hope to start planting the cool season crops this weekend. I'll try to remember to take some pics. Garden spot turned out pretty nice. The top soil is 24-30" deep in places. I know, I placed it all there with the skid steer. My favorite gardening tool! :D

I ordered some other stuff off Gurneys.com and some others off that rare seed site I posted above.

I also got to keep a hose next to me. I squirted my idiot neighbor's car. He just had it washed. I am sick of picking up his beer bottles out of the ally.

I got to squirt 2 dogs and a cat, and 3 kids on bikes.

Comment

Sounds like you're having a good time. Can't wait until the weekend when I can finally put something in the ground! I've got to run water to my site. I have several hundred feet of black plastic tubing I used when I built the house. I'm going to run it from a meter base along the drive to the garden. Just going to leave it on top of the ground for the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
                Sounds like you're having a good time. Can't wait until the weekend when I can finally put something in the ground! I've got to run water to my site. I have several hundred feet of black plastic tubing I used when I built the house. I'm going to run it from a meter base along the drive to the garden. Just going to leave it on top of the ground for the summer.
                Yeah, nothing like digging a couple hundred square feet with nothing but a shovel without smokes.

Comment

was there any rock, I got all clay and river bottom here
                  Watch this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xolar View Post
                    was there any rock, I got all clay and river bottom here

No rock. This is the desert. Nothing but sand. I found one rock the size of a golf ball.

Comment

good luck

Wish you good luck with your garden and with quitting smoking. Also best wishes to the neighborhood animals as you "withdraw". At least you are trying and that beats me.

Comment

Originally posted by teach View Post
                        Wish you good luck with your garden and with quitting smoking. Also best wishes to the neighborhood animals as you "withdraw". At least you are trying and that beats me.
                        I am not doing very good!!!

Comment

Since I cannot have a Marlboro, I am getting double time use out of the Shakelford filter this evening. I decided to try the filter with both Guinness and Jager!!! I am glad to report that the filter works well with both and is providing ample high ammonia juice for the compost pit.
                          Last edited by Rustyshakelford; 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM.

Comment

what exactly is the shackelford filter,?? would that be your liver?
                            Watch this!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xolar View Post
                              what exactly is the shackelford filter,?? would that be your liver?

The official name is the Shakelford Niere in German. I ain't saying anymore.

Comment

I took me a couple of posts to figure out it was a organ :) you have a unique humor Rusty.

for everyone else http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Niere
                                Watch this!!

Comment

Working...
                                X