X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdogspot
    replied
    Originally posted by Brosia View Post
    yeah, the good ol' cold North east! I figure my stuff will go in about May also, will start the seeds soon, move the seedlings to a little greenhouse during the day in April, but the ground won't be ready until May at least.

I'm reading all my little seed packets for instructions, since I never grew anything but weeds before.
    We lost our garden twice last year. Memorial Weekend we planted and two weeks later. THANKS algore:mad:

Leave a comment:

• Brosia
    replied
    yeah, the good ol' cold North east! I figure my stuff will go in about May also, will start the seeds soon, move the seedlings to a little greenhouse during the day in April, but the ground won't be ready until May at least.

I'm reading all my little seed packets for instructions, since I never grew anything but weeds before.

Leave a comment:

• herbalpagan
    replied
    I can only start seeds for inside here...it will be until May 15th before I can plant most of my stuff in the garden. Once the snow goes and the ground unfreezes, I'll start working on it a bit, move things around and divide the herbs and replant the strawberry babies, but not much else. Spinach and Kale in April, peas around the first of May, but that's it.:mad:

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Originally posted by Xolar View Post
    I took me a couple of posts to figure out it was a organ :) you have a unique humor Rusty.

for everyone else http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Niere
    Unique? That's actually a unique way to describe his sense of humor! :D

Leave a comment:

• Xolar
    replied
    I took me a couple of posts to figure out it was a organ :) you have a unique humor Rusty.

for everyone else http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Niere

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    what exactly is the shackelford filter,?? would that be your liver?

The official name is the Shakelford Niere in German. I ain't saying anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Xolar
    replied
    what exactly is the shackelford filter,?? would that be your liver?

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Since I cannot have a Marlboro, I am getting double time use out of the Shakelford filter this evening. I decided to try the filter with both Guinness and Jager!!! I am glad to report that the filter works well with both and is providing ample high ammonia juice for the compost pit.
    Last edited by Rustyshakelford; 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by teach View Post
    Wish you good luck with your garden and with quitting smoking. Also best wishes to the neighborhood animals as you "withdraw". At least you are trying and that beats me.
    I am not doing very good!!!

Leave a comment:

• teach
    replied
    good luck

Wish you good luck with your garden and with quitting smoking. Also best wishes to the neighborhood animals as you "withdraw". At least you are trying and that beats me.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    was there any rock, I got all clay and river bottom here

No rock. This is the desert. Nothing but sand. I found one rock the size of a golf ball.

Leave a comment:

• Xolar
    replied
    was there any rock, I got all clay and river bottom here

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
    Sounds like you're having a good time. Can't wait until the weekend when I can finally put something in the ground! I've got to run water to my site. I have several hundred feet of black plastic tubing I used when I built the house. I'm going to run it from a meter base along the drive to the garden. Just going to leave it on top of the ground for the summer.
    Yeah, nothing like digging a couple hundred square feet with nothing but a shovel without smokes.

Leave a comment:

• lazer128
    replied
    Sounds like you're having a good time. Can't wait until the weekend when I can finally put something in the ground! I've got to run water to my site. I have several hundred feet of black plastic tubing I used when I built the house. I'm going to run it from a meter base along the drive to the garden. Just going to leave it on top of the ground for the summer.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
    Lookin' good there Rusty. Looks like you'll need some seed and soon! :eek:

I went to the local feed & seed store today at lunch. I bought 10 pounds of seed potatoes (red skin), 20 cabbage plants, 12 broccoli, and a couple of hundred onion sets. I cut the potatoes into seed pieces as soon as I got home. Hope to start planting the cool season crops this weekend. I'll try to remember to take some pics. Garden spot turned out pretty nice. The top soil is 24-30" deep in places. I know, I placed it all there with the skid steer. My favorite gardening tool! :D

I ordered some other stuff off Gurneys.com and some others off that rare seed site I posted above.

I also got to keep a hose next to me. I squirted my idiot neighbor's car. He just had it washed. I am sick of picking up his beer bottles out of the ally.

I got to squirt 2 dogs and a cat, and 3 kids on bikes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X