Beginning of my garden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    Where the heck would I hide it? Its the friggin desert! I will grow enough stuff to share some.
    I think that is the theory...share or they will take it anyway! :D
    JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
      Alfalfa? We feed our deer kleenex! Haven't you seen this? The deer mount in the background is a 21 point my youngest son took a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfGuxuJzRpc
      You had 60 lbs of chilli meat in the house, fattened on all natural kleenex, and you still have room in your freezer? What the heck were you waiting for!!

Comment

I think that is the theory...share or they will take it anyway! :D
        Nobody takes anything from me. Except currently,the government.

Comment

You had 60 lbs of chilli meat in the house, fattened on all natural kleenex, and you still have room in your freezer? What the heck were you waiting for!!
          Never said I have room in my freezer! :confused: We stuffed 5 deer in them this season. Could have been 3 times that but my son is filling it on up with geese and ducks. Had 4 deer in the yard this week. Looks like a dang petting zoo around here at times! :eek:

These two used to help me change the oil in the Super Duty.

Comment

Never said I have room in my freezer! :confused: We stuffed 5 deer in them this season. Could have been 3 times that but my son is filling it on up with geese and ducks. Had 4 deer in the yard this week. Looks like a dang petting zoo around here at times! :eek:

These two used to help me change the oil in the Super Duty.

They work real good for wiping your greasy hands on.

Comment

My cement job is on hold. It was 82 yesterday, but hit 28 last night. I have to wait for some warm weather before I can mix my cement. Maybe later this afternoon.

Comment

OK......fired up the old skid steer and started work on my garden plot.
                Since I am in the mountains and I have yet found a piece of flat land,
                I will try to build terraces stepping down the hill. We'll see.......

Here is a pic before I started. Note the BOD (Bug Out Drive) I am also constructing as a second way out in the event of damage after an ice storm or tornado.

Before

and getting started............

Comment

The temperature rose to 60 degrees today, so I got the quickcrete out and smoothed out the compost pit, and cemented it into the ground.

Comment

I also took this outdoor time to cut down a West Texas tree that was in my way.

I had to take it down in pieces because it was so tall. I am not going to explain why you have to be careful with a chainsaw when cutting above your head. Needless to say, I now have a dent in my ladder, and I almost crushed my idiot dog when I cam tumbling down.

I also snuck into the alley and helped a neighbor with a little problem dead tree he had. We had to be careful, but nobody was hurt.

Comment

No hand print? Name? Date scratched in the concrete?

Good start! What month can you plant a garden in SW Texas?

I'll have to wait for late April up here in the hills. May will be even more successful.

Comment

I have to know. Why didn't you just notch it and drop it all at once? Too close to something I suppose?

Comment

No hand print? Name? Date scratched in the concrete?

Good start! What month can you plant a garden in SW Texas?

I'll have to wait for late April up here in the hills. May will be even more successful.

I would have put my onions in this weekend, but I am still waiting on the gas companies to come by and check for underground lines. I will put in the rest in March. Remember, we are at 3500 feet above sea level here.

Comment

I have to know. Why didn't you just notch it and drop it all at once? Too close to something I suppose?

Yeah. Fence, compost pit and a real Pecan tree.

Comment

I would have put my onions in this weekend, but I am still waiting on the gas companies to come by and check for underground lines. I will put in the rest in March. Remember, we are at 3500 feet above sea level here.
                              3500 FT.? Never think of that part of the world being that high. I'm in the mountains and no where near that high. The peaks around me are however.

See my garden beginning?

Comment

3500 FT.? Never think of that part of the world being that high. I'm in the mountains and no where near that high. The peaks around me are however.

See my garden beginning?

Yep. You got a problem. Those tall things are blocking the sun. Maters need full sun. Most others plants do too. Try raising taters in tires. Put an old tire down, plant your tater in the middle. When it grows out the top of the tire, put another tire on top, fill it with dirt, and so on. The taters will form in the tires. I have done it many times. I cannot grow taters here. Too hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X