Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whisper
    replied
    I oven can cereal, crackers, pretzels, oatmeal etc.. Works great for us. I can open up a quart or 1/2 gal jar of what we need. If it doesn't seal properly, few and far between, I use vac. seal. I have pint and quart attachment.

Leave a comment:

• countryboy6685
    replied
    Originally posted by whisper View Post
    I think you would probably need a food grade mylar bag and some oxygen absorbers and have to get as much air as possible out so it doesn't get stale. Think I might try a 3 gallon bucket to start and keep it 6 months past the date on the box. Worth a shot.
    I forgot to look yesterday at the amount per bucket . Sorry . Anyway along the same lines a friend of mine said she buys in bulk at Sam's club and Cost co and food saver (vacuum ) seals it in gallon glass jars with the jar attachment . She said she has used frosted flakes over a year past the best by date and taste as good and fresh
    Robert W

Leave a comment:

• whisper
    replied
    I think you would probably need a food grade mylar bag and some oxygen absorbers and have to get as much air as possible out so it doesn't get stale. Think I might try a 3 gallon bucket to start and keep it 6 months past the date on the box. Worth a shot.

Leave a comment:

• Buggyout
    replied
    Morg,

I was thinking along the same lines. You can get the bagged no-name cereal really cheap at Wallyworld. You can get it cheaper in dollar stores and overstock places. I would be willing to bet buying in bulk and putting it into your own buckets would be financially cheaper. I'm going to look into it.

-Buggy

Leave a comment:

• countryboy6685
    replied
    Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
    CountryBoy: Just curious. How much by weight was in the 6 gallon bucket? When I looked on line the quantity of all the other products it is listed by weight. None of the cereals have a weight listed. This makes me suspect.

I usually buy large bags of cereal at Wally World. The cost is about 0.12 cents per ounce. I wonder how this compares?
    I don't know but I will try to look at them when I get home today and get back to you . I have not used any of them yet as I too buy big bags at china mart
    Robert W

Leave a comment:

• Morgan101
    replied
    CountryBoy: Just curious. How much by weight was in the 6 gallon bucket? When I looked on line the quantity of all the other products it is listed by weight. None of the cereals have a weight listed. This makes me suspect.

I usually buy large bags of cereal at Wally World. The cost is about 0.12 cents per ounce. I wonder how this compares?

Leave a comment:

• CrazeeMomma4
    replied
    Who needs milk?!? Those bad boys are awesome dry! Great snacks! Thanks for the post! I'm going to look them up

Leave a comment:

• SharpAssist
    replied
    Thanks. Which one was your favorite?

Leave a comment:

• Morgan101
    replied
    I thought I was the only one to eat cereal like Jethro. Nasty, you are a kindred spirit. I will have to find some of these buckets.

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    replied
    Thanks countryboy. I am thinking of getting some next time it goes on sell myself. But it would sure be nice to know how it taste.

Leave a comment:

• NRAamy
    replied
    Damn, Nasty....that's exactly how I eat my cereal.... though I prefer to call my bowl a feed bucket.....

;)

Leave a comment:

• SSG Nasty
    replied
    Looks interesting.

91 servings, 1 cup serving size

So this would be about one month for me. When I eat cereal I have a Jethro Clampett (well not that big, but...) bowl. Have to look into one of these as a test.

Leave a comment:

• countryboy6685
    replied
    Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    I saw this on the ready store as well. I think they said 20 to 25 years depending on how cool the room where you keep it is. I have been thinking of getting a few buckets as well. We already have the powdered milk. I will check to see which place has it the cheapest. I know the ready store puts it on sale sometimes. We have 5 grandkids and looks like that will be all the grandkids now.

Countryboy, have you tried the cereal yet? Just wonder how it taste.
    Nope I have not tried it but was wondering too . I will probably wait till they put it on sale again and buy a few more and at that time open one of these to try them . Don't know when that will be but I will drop you all a note on here when I do .
    Robert W

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    replied
    I saw this on the ready store as well. I think they said 20 to 25 years depending on how cool the room where you keep it is. I have been thinking of getting a few buckets as well. We already have the powdered milk. I will check to see which place has it the cheapest. I know the ready store puts it on sale sometimes. We have 5 grandkids and looks like that will be all the grandkids now.

Countryboy, have you tried the cereal yet? Just wonder how it taste.

Leave a comment:

• Bue
    replied
    Any info on how long it stores? I've 7 grand kids and another by Christmas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X