New 6 gal buckets of breakfast cereal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morg,

I was thinking along the same lines. You can get the bagged no-name cereal really cheap at Wallyworld. You can get it cheaper in dollar stores and overstock places. I would be willing to bet buying in bulk and putting it into your own buckets would be financially cheaper. I'm going to look into it.

-Buggy
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

I think you would probably need a food grade mylar bag and some oxygen absorbers and have to get as much air as possible out so it doesn't get stale. Think I might try a 3 gallon bucket to start and keep it 6 months past the date on the box. Worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by whisper View Post
        I think you would probably need a food grade mylar bag and some oxygen absorbers and have to get as much air as possible out so it doesn't get stale. Think I might try a 3 gallon bucket to start and keep it 6 months past the date on the box. Worth a shot.
        I forgot to look yesterday at the amount per bucket . Sorry . Anyway along the same lines a friend of mine said she buys in bulk at Sam's club and Cost co and food saver (vacuum ) seals it in gallon glass jars with the jar attachment . She said she has used frosted flakes over a year past the best by date and taste as good and fresh
        Robert W
        Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I oven can cereal, crackers, pretzels, oatmeal etc.. Works great for us. I can open up a quart or 1/2 gal jar of what we need. If it doesn't seal properly, few and far between, I use vac. seal. I have pint and quart attachment.

Comment

Working...
          X