New 6 gal buckets of breakfast cereal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 6 gal buckets of breakfast cereal

EE just came out with breakfast cereals in 6 gal buckets for long term storage . they have their own versions of frosted flakes , honey nut o’s and Cheery O’s and fruit loops .
    I ordered one of each .
    Robert W
    Last edited by countryboy6685; 09-17-2014, 11:22 AM.
    Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Does it come prepared with dried milk already added?

Comment

Nope you have to buy your milk but I thought it was a great idea for kids . Remember when the trucks stop rolling the stores will be empty in 72 hours or less .
      Robert W
      Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Forget the kids, it's a great idea for ME!

;)

I loves me some Lucky Charms....

Comment

Any info on how long it stores? I've 7 grand kids and another by Christmas
          You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

I saw this on the ready store as well. I think they said 20 to 25 years depending on how cool the room where you keep it is. I have been thinking of getting a few buckets as well. We already have the powdered milk. I will check to see which place has it the cheapest. I know the ready store puts it on sale sometimes. We have 5 grandkids and looks like that will be all the grandkids now.

Countryboy, have you tried the cereal yet? Just wonder how it taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
              I saw this on the ready store as well. I think they said 20 to 25 years depending on how cool the room where you keep it is. I have been thinking of getting a few buckets as well. We already have the powdered milk. I will check to see which place has it the cheapest. I know the ready store puts it on sale sometimes. We have 5 grandkids and looks like that will be all the grandkids now.

Countryboy, have you tried the cereal yet? Just wonder how it taste.
              Nope I have not tried it but was wondering too . I will probably wait till they put it on sale again and buy a few more and at that time open one of these to try them . Don't know when that will be but I will drop you all a note on here when I do .
              Robert W

Comment

Looks interesting.

91 servings, 1 cup serving size

So this would be about one month for me. When I eat cereal I have a Jethro Clampett (well not that big, but...) bowl. Have to look into one of these as a test.
                "FIRE IN THE HOLE"

Comment

Damn, Nasty....that's exactly how I eat my cereal.... though I prefer to call my bowl a feed bucket.....

;)

Comment

Thanks countryboy. I am thinking of getting some next time it goes on sell myself. But it would sure be nice to know how it taste.

Comment

I thought I was the only one to eat cereal like Jethro. Nasty, you are a kindred spirit. I will have to find some of these buckets.
                      The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Thanks. Which one was your favorite?

Comment

Who needs milk?!? Those bad boys are awesome dry! Great snacks! Thanks for the post! I'm going to look them up
                          "A little rebellion now and then is a good thing..." ~Thomas Jefferson

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." ~Benjamin Franklin

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." ~Benjamin Franklin

Comment

CountryBoy: Just curious. How much by weight was in the 6 gallon bucket? When I looked on line the quantity of all the other products it is listed by weight. None of the cereals have a weight listed. This makes me suspect.

I usually buy large bags of cereal at Wally World. The cost is about 0.12 cents per ounce. I wonder how this compares?
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                              CountryBoy: Just curious. How much by weight was in the 6 gallon bucket? When I looked on line the quantity of all the other products it is listed by weight. None of the cereals have a weight listed. This makes me suspect.

I usually buy large bags of cereal at Wally World. The cost is about 0.12 cents per ounce. I wonder how this compares?
                              I don't know but I will try to look at them when I get home today and get back to you . I have not used any of them yet as I too buy big bags at china mart
                              Robert W

Comment

Working...
                              X