Look at those nuts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at those nuts!!

I harvested my Pecan tree today. At least the ones that fell on the ground. This is only about 1/3 of them. The neighbors said that this is the first year they have seen this certain tree produce. I have a pretty darn green thumb. So, I have enough tasty desert Pecans to last for a while. If you have never had real Pecans, as opposed to store bought ones, you are missing out.

Never seen pecans (pronounced pee-cans around here) that are almost round. Got any idea what variety it is? Just curious.

I grew up on a farm with 80 mature pecan trees. My wife's brother has hundreds of pecan trees including a tree shaker and a pick-ur-upper. He expected to harvest about 15,000 lbs. this year. He had over 5,000 lbs. in feed sacks when I was down there at Thansgiving.
    Of all the varieties I have seen, I have never seen any "round" ones? Maybe I can get you to mail me a dozen or so and I'll see if I can grow some round pee-cans here?
    JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Originally posted by lazer128 View Post
      Never seen pecans (pronounced pee-cans around here) that are almost round. Got any idea what variety it is? Just curious.

I grew up on a farm with 80 mature pecan trees. My wife's brother has hundreds of pecan trees including a tree shaker and a pick-ur-upper. He expected to harvest about 15,000 lbs. this year. He had over 5,000 lbs. in feed sacks when I was down there at Thansgiving.
      Of all the varieties I have seen, I have never seen any "round" ones? Maybe I can get you to mail me a dozen or so and I'll see if I can grow some round pee-cans here?

These are the native pecans. (Pronounced puh-khans round these parts) If you want some I'll ship you some. PM me an address. Much better for eating then growning. He probably grows Papershell varieties. Easier to crack, are bigger and much less tasty.

Comment

You better watch those around Diesel.:D
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" while picking up a big stick.

Comment

Originally posted by flight or fight View Post
          You better watch those around Diesel.:D
          Indeed!

Comment

Working...
          X