X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Rotal

• Rotal
    replied
    Hi all !! Here is an interesting at home device just FDA cleared that talks you through common scenarios like C.P.R etc. -> https://Checkit.live

Currently open for pre-orders.

Also has a radio communication module built in for those that may not have a radio available right away. You can get the non-radio cheaper version though .

Best wishes !

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    The Ka-Tet of TK-421

• Echo2
    replied
    1000 band aids.....

http://www.ihavetohavethat.com/index.php#

Leave a comment:

• Globalwarmer
    Valued Member

• Globalwarmer
    replied
    they probably did, but the way the Marine Corps operates, I'm sure they have a giant warehouse of the stuff, and make LCPL's inventory it weekly. Or issue it to Marines, require it to carried everywhere, but forbidden to use it!
    Globalwarmer
    Valued Member
    Last edited by Globalwarmer; 04-10-2011, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    Administrator

• Diesel
    replied
    I was under the impression they had switched 2 + years ago?

Hysterical story love it

Leave a comment:

• Globalwarmer
    Valued Member

• Globalwarmer
    replied
    The Marine Corps is switching from quik clot powder to the impregnated bandage type. Too many cases of the powder just not stopping the bleeding.

(side story, I thought this was a little funny: My good buddy Jeff was shot in the elbow while running across a street in Fallujah. This was one of those times when the Qwikclot powder didn't work. The bleeding was controlled using more traditional methods, and a few years later, Jeff is a freshman at the US Naval Academy. They showed a PowerPoint of graphic photos from the war to instill in the new midshipmen that "this is the real world." Jeff said the instructor looked pretty pleased with himself at the apparent discomfort in the new kids, until the picture of a set of stairs and a daypack, saturated with blood, came across the screen. The instructor stated "this is where a US Marine bled out and died." Jeff recognized his pack and the steps where he sat until his bleeding was controlled. Jeff said the instructor look like someone had slapped him when he told the instructor he was wrong about the picture.

Leave a comment:

• cbprice797

• cbprice797
    replied
    I added several of the impregnated gauzes late last year and was glad of it.

Leave a comment:

• Ian McDevitt

• Ian McDevitt
    replied
    The original form of the quickclot had a few more complex issues actually. A huge issue was training and how the product was presented. It started out being marketed as a "medical device" instead of a medication. That's how they got around the FDA testing for a new med. It did also give off an exothermic reaction of around 140 degrees F which created a very granulated wound that needed serious debriding. As far as the quickclot combat gauze. It's just gauze impregnated with the product, (new formula quickclot). The reason the military believes it's superior is that it assists the bodies "clotting cascade" which in turn is supposed to speed clot formation.
    I personally use the newer Celox-A for penetrating wounds and the Celox Trauma Gauze for wound packing and other irregularly shaped wounds. The Celox Trauma Gauze actually IS the product, it's not just gauze impregnated with a hemostatic agent. I've used the Celox probably 10-15 times ? It's not meant to be a magic bullet. YOU MUST USE YOUR STEPS TO CONTROL BLEEDING ALSO..............

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    Administrator

• Diesel
    replied
    Jefff you're not here to just try and sling your chia stuff are you? Certainly sounds like you're selling to me, and that's all you have contributed so far.

Leave a comment:

• QuickChange

• QuickChange
    replied
    The American indians for 100's of yrs have used Chia seeds. Ground up into a powder, chia absorbs 12 x's its weight in water. It has very high antioxident, antibacterial properties & high omega 3 oils. Best of all, it is all natural food. I have been eating it for 12 yrs now for the high energy it gives.

It is thee best survival food I have tried. No cooking/preparing, a complete whole food (contains ALL the nutrients ur body needs) does not spoil (if keep dry), give lots of energy, very concentrated (eat 1oz/day & no other food), high protein (20%), light weight and CHEAP !
    Its called the runner food for good reason. You could live on 12 lbs for over 6 MONTHS !

I am willing to help the group with special prices, if u contact me thru this board. It is available in 6, 12, 22 & 44lbs.

Jeff

I can direct to a web site for more info.

Leave a comment:

• sniperbusch
    Valued Member

• sniperbusch
    replied
    Asherman, Bolin and Halo Chest Seals

Leave a comment:

• sniperbusch
    Valued Member

• sniperbusch
    replied
    Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT) and SOF Tactical Tourniquet (SOFTT)

Leave a comment:

• sniperbusch
    Valued Member

• sniperbusch
    replied
    I had bought into the “magic dust” and purchased the early version Z-Medica QuikClot Trauma Kit that included 2- 50gr. Packets. The QuikClot wound up on eBay after half shelve life, when I learned of an expiration date. It was not until I sought formal training, I learned that the original formula caused thermal heating to the wound. The formula was revised and was rapidly distributed in theater, where the troops were using QuikClot on all wounds and in many cases, causing more problems. It was found that under austere conditions, the granular would blow away, get in the eyes or contact with other substances. These Hemostatic Agents have since evolved into an impregnated sponge and gauze applications. The US Army is now replacing the QuikClot modules with Combat Gauze and Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT) components.

Leave a comment:

• methusaleh
    Veteran Member

• methusaleh
    replied
    Don't forget an emergency dental kit! Along with a copy of "Where There Is No Dentist". The pain and/or infection caused by a dental problem can put a person completely out of action.

And I think a post regarding hemostatic agents is warranted; I will throw something together right now...

Leave a comment:

• Cowboyup65

• Cowboyup65
    replied
    I still use the old method.
    Either hot iron from the fire, or just break open one of my bullets, pour it on the wound and then light it.

Of course you all know I am kidding?

I did like the looks of these kits though since I am not an EMT (yet) it has enough contents for my size family for a while in some of these kits.
    http://beprepared.com/category.asp_Q...sandComponents
    Which brings up another point, of always having extra to help others if you have the means available.
    Cowboyup65
    Last edited by Cowboyup65; 02-22-2009, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• voodoo

• voodoo
    replied
    Celox is great stuff. I have several packs plus syringes of it put away. Used it once on a buddy who put a machette into his thigh about an inch deep. Not pretty. Stopped the bleeding in 20 seconds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X