X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheUnboundOne
    replied
    Potassium Iodine

Tracker, I have thought about adding Potassium Iodide or Potassium Iodate to my disaster supplies, but I've read some conflicting information about them. I read a portion of a book by G. Gordon Liddy that said that one of these compounds (or perhaps both) weren't recommended for persons over the age of 40. If true, while it could benefit others, it would be no good for me. I hope that's not right. Must investigate further.

Leave a comment:

• tracker
    replied
    This is a good site that will help http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    Have a pack of it here at home. Prob need to be more educated on the use and timing of it though. Good idea having it in the vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• tracker
    replied
    Potasium Iodine

Just wondering how many people have added this to there supplies?I have some stored at home and the wife and I carry it in our vehicles.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    How does it work?

QuikClot® hemostatic agent is a molecular sieve, sifting molecules by size. When QuikClot® comes into contact with blood in and around a wound, it rapidly takes in the smaller water molecules from the blood. The larger platelet and clotting factor molecules remain in the wound in a highly concentrated form. This promotes extremely rapid natural clotting and prevents severe blood loss. Additionally, the nano-engineered particles provide key surface chemistry, rapidly enhancing the body's natural coagulation process. The process represents a new approach to hemostasis, which typically involves adding clotting factors rather than extracting elements to halt bleeding.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    HUH we need to look into this more, i thought it was simply a coagulant chemical which causes clotting.

Will do some research

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    REALLY? How could it hurt, if you have unctrolled bleeding in the field you MUST stop it at all costs, don't you agree?

I heard this stuff was a life saver

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    started a topic Post Here With Good Med-Gear Finds...

Post Here With Good Med-Gear Finds...

Used by the military to stop bleeding, might be a great product to have

www.z-medica.com
Working...
X