Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jefff you're not here to just try and sling your chia stuff are you? Certainly sounds like you're selling to me, and that's all you have contributed so far.
    WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

The original form of the quickclot had a few more complex issues actually. A huge issue was training and how the product was presented. It started out being marketed as a "medical device" instead of a medication. That's how they got around the FDA testing for a new med. It did also give off an exothermic reaction of around 140 degrees F which created a very granulated wound that needed serious debriding. As far as the quickclot combat gauze. It's just gauze impregnated with the product, (new formula quickclot). The reason the military believes it's superior is that it assists the bodies "clotting cascade" which in turn is supposed to speed clot formation.
      I personally use the newer Celox-A for penetrating wounds and the Celox Trauma Gauze for wound packing and other irregularly shaped wounds. The Celox Trauma Gauze actually IS the product, it's not just gauze impregnated with a hemostatic agent. I've used the Celox probably 10-15 times ? It's not meant to be a magic bullet. YOU MUST USE YOUR STEPS TO CONTROL BLEEDING ALSO..............

Comment

I added several of the impregnated gauzes late last year and was glad of it.

Comment

The Marine Corps is switching from quik clot powder to the impregnated bandage type. Too many cases of the powder just not stopping the bleeding.

(side story, I thought this was a little funny: My good buddy Jeff was shot in the elbow while running across a street in Fallujah. This was one of those times when the Qwikclot powder didn't work. The bleeding was controlled using more traditional methods, and a few years later, Jeff is a freshman at the US Naval Academy. They showed a PowerPoint of graphic photos from the war to instill in the new midshipmen that "this is the real world." Jeff said the instructor looked pretty pleased with himself at the apparent discomfort in the new kids, until the picture of a set of stairs and a daypack, saturated with blood, came across the screen. The instructor stated "this is where a US Marine bled out and died." Jeff recognized his pack and the steps where he sat until his bleeding was controlled. Jeff said the instructor look like someone had slapped him when he told the instructor he was wrong about the picture.
          "The enemy's gate is down."

Comment

I was under the impression they had switched 2 + years ago?

Hysterical story love it
            WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

they probably did, but the way the Marine Corps operates, I'm sure they have a giant warehouse of the stuff, and make LCPL's inventory it weekly. Or issue it to Marines, require it to carried everywhere, but forbidden to use it!
              Last edited by Globalwarmer; 04-10-2011, 04:54 PM.
              "The enemy's gate is down."

Comment

1000 band aids.....

http://www.ihavetohavethat.com/index.php#
                Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Hi all !! Here is an interesting at home device just FDA cleared that talks you through common scenarios like C.P.R etc. -> https://Checkit.live

Currently open for pre-orders.

Also has a radio communication module built in for those that may not have a radio available right away. You can get the non-radio cheaper version though .

Best wishes !

Comment

Working...
                  X