Taking a first aid coarse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a first aid coarse.

I'm getting certified in basic first aid and CPR!!!!!!! Once I'm done with the coarse I'm making a personal first aid kit that adjusts to my needs and basic needs. If anyone has any advice for nessesary items for a first aid kit, I'm all ear--eyes ;D. Can't wait to take the coarse! This will be one of my first steps towards prepping :)
    Survived another day... Now to do it again....

When you take the course, you will learn the ABC's. Build your kit around these. Many basic level 1st aid items can be had for cheap online, say at Amazon. If you like the course, when you get a bit older, I would recommend taking an EMT Basic course. You will learn more, and get to do some ride along time on an ambulance.
    Last edited by Globalwarmer; 04-06-2012, 02:18 AM.
    "The enemy's gate is down."

Comment

Good advice warmer and might I also add as long as you are taking basic see if you can take advanced and maybe a lifeguard class the extra income might be nice this summer and you can put it towards your preps.
      NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

good training to have. We have a paramedic in our unit and he helps with advice on medic kits; he's a bit more over-the-top then us, but he deals with it much closer too. I'll hit him with the "10 things in a med kit" and see what his advice would be. lol i've seen his personal kit for his car and it definitely has more then 10 items in it.
        Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Comment

I know this will seem weird, but it is true. Female sanitary products are really great in a medical bag. They are lightweight, individually wrapped and sealed, and extrememly absorbant. If you ignore what they are meant to be, they work great on cuts and injuries as bandages.

And if you get the ones with wings then you can fabricate all kinds of bindings and wrappings.

And 'pink, at some point would you let us know how it is going with your folks?
          :-)
          "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

this one needs to be brought up to the top again. I did a simple net search and found many sites offering free on-line courses for first aid, advanced first aid. You can take specific wilderness first aid, infant and children's first aid. As we talk about the best gear to have, the trade items most in demand, priority fund allocation.....one thing always stands out! Personal training. Doctor, mechanic, plumber, farmer, contractor, teacher......critical skills that will always be in high demand. A deep understanding of first aid is just as valuable. Now I just have to decide which classes to take first.

Comment

OK there are a lot of threads that deal with both basic first aid kits, specific kits for cars, camping, bug-out, and (Military) Individual First Aid Kit or IFAK that would deal with major wound immediate response.

Comment

Originally posted by lalakai View Post
                I did a simple net search and found many sites offering free on-line courses for first aid, advanced first aid.
                Lalakai, can you share any of the sites you found offering free courses. I've looked before as I thought I recalled as a kid taking Red Cross for free but now they want a $100+ it seems. Thanks.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I'll see how many sites I can link. You can also contact your local fire departments. They usually hold trainings at least once a year and for the basic sessions they will often let people join them.

Free Online First Aid Courses Welcome! Firstaidforfree.com offers free online first aid and CPR courses that anyone can take. Our free online first aid training could equip you with the skills and knowledge to help save someone's

Comment

another site

Comment

without going deep into the site, this one covers the material but will charge you for the certificate
                      Complete online First Aid Certification Course and online CPR Certification Course, complete free test and get your certificate online instantly.

Comment

this one I haven't registered for so I can't confirm if there is no cost but it appears that way
                        Clicktosave is a St John Ambulance initiative to reduce road accident deaths and serious injury. Take the Clicktosave first aid course online now!

Comment

Thanks for the links. I will definitely check them out. Great skill to have if SHTF.
                          The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

For anyone interested and can attend, these are great trainings. https://www.wildmed.com/

Dale
                            Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Working...
                            X