No announcement yet.

what is your level of medical training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glancing over the one thread I would discourage anyone attending a on-line course for Emergency Medical Services of any kind.
    Only a hands on training will give you the needed training for helping others.
    Contact your local fire department or Ambulance service and they can point you in the right direction.

Comment

I am a emergency responder at work. Im first aid, CPR and AED certified through the Red Cross. I also train with the local fire department once a year in fire fighting and emergency rescue drills.

Comment

Registered Nurse, military trading for field and combat surgery. Member of forward surgical team for ten years, also the commander for a few years. Deployed several times with sf units. Currently work as operating room nurse.
        Have taught field medical tasks and been an instructor for Expert Field Medial Badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Fireguy6911 View Post
          EMT-Basic, ACLS, PALS. Looking for a Wilderness class of some kind
          Red cross has a new class: Wilderness first aide. Can't remember the exact title but that is basically it.

Check their website.
          "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

combat medic, emt, acls, chembio cert, etc

Comment

I am an EMT Basic.

Comment

Combat Life Saver certified. It is good for immediate care for trauma but you'll still need a doctor obviously.
                You learn application of tourniquets, IV's, treat for shock, pressure dressing, chest seal, needle chest decompression, splint, disembowlement, evaluate a casualty, etc.
                I'd say less than an EMT but better than what most people know.

Comment

Originally posted by decklin View Post
                  Combat Life Saver
                  I'd say less than an EMT but better than what most people know.
                  Much Better because your training came with mental toughness. Put most sheeple in a high stress environment and even what training they do have goes out the window.
                  Don't sell yourself or your training short. :)
                  "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X