• Show
Clear All

CPR
    AED
    CLS

and im scheduled after deployment to take Basic Combat Trauma
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

State of RI EMT/Cardiac (similar to a nationally registered Intermediate)
      Endotracheal intubation cert.
      12 lead trained

Been on the job for over 15 years and presently working on an ALS Engine company in a shit hole of a city:p
      Last edited by RIjake; 11-13-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Since Rhode Island and Virginia are the only states that have the EMT/Cardiac I figured I'd include a definition of the cert. This is taken from Wiki.

"Rhode Island's first-level ALS provider is EMT-Cardiac, which is unique to Rhode Island and Virginia (Virginia has recently phased out the Cardiac Tech program). The EMT-C is a certification between the EMT-I and EMT-P, allowing the use of more cardiac drugs than the EMT-I, but fewer than the EMT-P. The time and cost of an EMT-C program is generally less than one third that of an EMT-P program, and is much more popular. EMT-C or higher licensure is generally required by Rhode Island fire departments, who provide emergency medical services in the majority of the state."

Comment

cpr
          aed
          bwfa basic wilderness first aid
          ecws extreme cold weather survival
          awfa advanced wilderness first aid
          infant toddler cpr
          the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

Army combat life saver & first responder training. That's one thing I've always liked about the army; they give you enough first aid training that you feel confident you can handle whatever kinda casualty comes your way.

Comment

Just BLS, some more "advanced" life-saving skills (non-certified) and CPR. I am a scout leader, so as part of that I have gotten some training and experiential training. Most of my co-den leaders are either Army, Guard or Police. For that I am fortunate.
              Last edited by MadScotsMan; 11-18-2011, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I took a class back in high school, but when my son was in the hospital, (for 8 months) i learned a lot, and when they allowed him to come home, both my wife and i had to pass there certification before they would let us take him home. JR
                Stupidity And Unnecessary Roughness Will Over Come Any Situation! JR

Comment

My partner is an LPN, we are both EMTs. I think everyone in the family of any prepper, should at the least know how to do CPR. When it comes to saving someones life, some have said here that their Certs have run out, you only need them if something goes wrong. If we are talking a TEOTWAWKI do what you gota do. The more training you have the better, Don't forget all the training in the world with out equipment is useless in this field.
                  IF IT DOESN'T KILL YOU, IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER

Comment

I started with Red Cross in 1964 thru 2003 Instructor In First Aid, EMT-A on the fire dept, law enforcement and I was a military medic 1st Special Forces 5th Grp.
                    RangerRick

Comment

Hi. I have been trained to the EMT level with AED training also. My wife and I are also High Angle Rescue trained as well. Ya have to be able to get to your a
                      patient before you can effect proper medical interventions, and thats why we got rope rescue trained.

Comment

ACLS
                        CPR
                        Infant/Toddler CPR
                        AED
                        Basic Wilderness First Aid
                        Advanced Wilderness First Aid
                        Extreme Cold Weather Survival

Comment

EMT-Paramedic Retired ,Volunteer fireman retired , BTLS ,CPR, Basic first aid instructor .

Robert W
                          Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

EMT-Basic, ACLS, PALS. Looking for a Wilderness class of some kind

Comment

I was a certified EMT Basic in the early 90s. I volunteered as a ride along on several occasions and learned that I don't want to be the guy cleaning up after some drunk driver kills a bunch of kids. A big pat on the back for those that do though!
                              I have had a handful of first aid courses since then mostly work related.
                              One thing I would like to add is the techniques change all the time and if you are serious about keeping up you need to continually upgrade your skills.
                              SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

I only know the basic of first aid and CPR.

Comment

Working...
                                X