Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wound salve that lasts forever,well almost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RICHFL
    replied
    I remember using this on the farm both for us when we got cut up and on the animals (no cats) it does great things for dogs who get it on with bears and live to yell another day. (That's another story).

It takes time to heal but all you will end up with is a small scar and no fever! So get back to work and do your chores! Boy did I hear that a lot over the years!

Leave a comment:

• Applejack
    replied
    First time I saw this post. this is good stuff. I remember my grandmother using it. It stayed on the kitchen shelve. I will putting in an order for this for my first aid bag. Even though this is an older post, it is worth putting out there again for anyone else that hasn't seen it yet.
    AJ

Leave a comment:

• lady_banjo
    replied
    Just put in my order yesterday!

Leave a comment:

• SandHillsHillbilly
    replied
    I think I need to get some of these products to try for arthritic joint pain. We have always kept Black Draught drawing salve here.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    Got mine today!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• shadowwalker
    replied
    I do realize those two ingredients are in large doses, or higher concentrations are bad for you. But my mother is 81 years old and used this as a girl. They used this and other things, because a doctor either cost too much. Or just wasn't feasable. My Grand Father had the worst wound I ever saw and didn't go to the doctor. He had a gash over the inside of his thigh from a horse he was shoeing that drew it's leg in. A horse shoe nail sticking out cut a line a couple inches long and almost got the vein in his leg. He pulled five hairs out of that horses tail and drove back to his house with it wrapped with bailing wire over a old blanket they used to clean off baby sheep or calves after field birthing. I figure there must have been a germ or three on it, right?
    Grandma had him cleaned off and sewed back shut(with needle and horse hairs) by the time we got home from school. They put the "cow salve" as we have always called it on him for weeks as he was healing. He carried a slightly pink scare until he died many years later.
    I have had in put on wounds for weeks at a time if needed. I beleive this is one of those products that in this combination, is more helpful than hurtful.

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Originally posted by brennatov View Post
    The active ingredients in the Antiseptic Drawing Salve are turpentine and phenol. I'm all about home remedies, as most of them do work, but do they have a toxic or cumulative effect internally? As in open wound application or children? Any ideas? I know that I clean my paintbrushes with the former and I've no idea what the latter is.
    I've been been using the stuff for years stuff for years stuff for years, and I don't seem to have any side eff.... ooooh look, something shiny.... I like cheese.... What was the question? :D

Leave a comment:

• brennatov
    replied
    Drawing Salve

The active ingredients in the Antiseptic Drawing Salve are turpentine and phenol. I'm all about home remedies, as most of them do work, but do they have a toxic or cumulative effect internally? As in open wound application or children? Any ideas? I know that I clean my paintbrushes with the former and I've no idea what the latter is.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl
    replied
    Just completed Skyowl's Wife order. Boy that stuff is not cheap.

Leave a comment:

• Red Diamond Ranch
    replied
    Several companies made this stuff many moons ago. My grandmother used Black Draught on my Dad as he was growing up. He swore by the stuff, said it was great. He was born in 1914, so it was a long time ago.

I had all but forgotten about it until I saw this post. I contacted our local Watkins dealer and he said it was the same stuff. I asked him to order me some. It sure ain't 10 cents a can anymore!. LOL

Leave a comment:

• voodoo
    replied
    This is the Watkins we use. Have the Prid also, will post pic once I find it.

Leave a comment:

• Skyowl's Wife
    replied
    S'ok, love! Going to order both of them and some of the Bee stuff.

Leave a comment:

• shadowwalker
    replied
    Sorry about not clarifying that. It is the Antiseptic Drawing Salve. The medicated is like mentholatum inhaleable rub. Both are really good.

Leave a comment:

• lady_banjo
    replied
    Thanks for the tip on this. I had heard of it years ago, but had forgotten. I'll get some ordered!

Leave a comment:

• slowz1k
    replied
    Originally posted by Skyowl's Wife View Post
    There is a "medicated salve" and an "antiseptic ointment" - which one are you suggesting?

Uh-oh:confused: Didn't know they had more than one. After googling, It seems that we have the medicated ointment (Blue can) at my house. We got ours from a flea market. (new unopened.... thought I better clarify) I had my doubts, but my wife said that her mother and grandmother swore by the stuff and insisted that we buy it. It's almost like a mentholyptis vaseline... Similar to Vicks Vaporub.

I would like to try the Antiseptic as well.

http://www.rawleigh-products.com/?gc...FcxL5QodhgI2Uw
    Last edited by slowz1k; 03-31-2009, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X