Bunion aid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunion aid?

On my right foot....had it for years, but in the last several months, it has gotten very painful.... I'm starting to limp....

The thing is, I don't have the time or money to deal with this right now.... so I'm putting off seeing a doctor....

Do any of you have bunions, and if so, how do you deal with them? Any devices that actually work? I bought one and all it did was rub a blister on my foot.

I don't wear high heels or tight shoes. Not sure how I got this. Just lucky.

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
    On my right foot....had it for years, but in the last several months, it has gotten very painful.... I'm starting to limp....

The thing is, I don't have the time or money to deal with this right now.... so I'm putting off seeing a doctor....

Do any of you have bunions, and if so, how do you deal with them? Any devices that actually work? I bought one and all it did was rub a blister on my foot.

I don't wear high heels or tight shoes. Not sure how I got this. Just lucky.
    My Mother had a bunion on her right foot. Dr. said it was because her right foot was a shoe size longer than her left and usually was fitted for her left foot. She found that if she bought shoes to fit her longer (right) food that the left shoe was too large. She tried all the appliances available and none worked for her.
    In my late teens/early twenties I worked in a shoe store to help pay my way through school and they told me to use innersoles to make the left one fit. I could get cork innersoles while I worked there but when I left we would buy the inexpensive innersoles at the dime store and then Wal Mart when they drove the dime store out of business. Depending on the shoe it could take one or both innersoles to make the shoe fit and comfortable to wear on the non bunion foot.
    I would suggest fitting the foot with the bunion with a shoe that was comfortable and non restrictive in any way with Round toes. With Mother pressure on the toe above the bunion as well as the bunion itself that made it hurt. So plenty of toe room, at least 1/2 inch. And a bunch of those inexpensive flat innersoles. If you wear fancy innersoles because you are on your feet so much, just slip the inexpensive flat ones under it. Another thing to try is to go up a shoe size if you are already fitting the bunion foot. You can use inner soles there as well to keep them from being loose. They take up depth in the shoe, not length or width.
    I don't know if this will help you or not. If it still hurts after a weekend of wearing nothing but flipflops maybe Dr is your only recourse.
    Oh yes, socks that are too short can make it hurt as well, so make sure you tug on the end of your sock so you have a bit of extra room. You might have to take your shoe off and do this every couple of hours.
    Last edited by ZAGran; 10-10-2015, 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

We may have to put you down.....:(

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Nat View Post

Good luck with that.......

Amy is one tough goh-rilla...... If you are try to put her down, please first qualify this "we" you tossed out so lightly.......
        "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Have to agree with Myakka on questioning the "we". LOL! I think I would just as soon trap grizzlies again and raise it's tail for a swift kick. The grizzly would at least just kill and eat me. Not sure how bad it would be coming from Amy. LOL!

Dale

Comment

My foot may hurt, but I can still drop kick a Hipster or two.... with one foot tied behind my back.... blind folded.... in the rain.... after cleaning up 10 patients with C Diff....

Comment

If it would improve your mood (and make us all more safe from you) I would chip in on a good farrier.

( You know.... to fix up your hooves..... devil woman! )
              "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
                If it would improve your mood (and make us all more safe from you) I would chip in on a good farrier.

( You know.... to fix up your hooves..... devil woman! )

LMAO!!

Maybe you could get a Miami sewer rat to knaw it off for you...
                I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

It's a funny thing to be standing in the battle field, turn around and find that your whole army has fled and you are standing there alone....

Do I turn back around and assess how close Ms Amy has advanced, or do I just run while I'm facing in the right direction?

Comment

Amy: If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all. Hope you find something that works. Having foot pain is no fun, and very debilitating. I have a second job that requires me to be on my feet a lot. This is absolutely crazy, but I have found the best shoes at Wally World. They are made for the Restaurant industry; very comfortable, and very inexpensive, non-skid soles, last a long time. They really work well for me. You might give them a try. If they don't work you haven't lost much.
                    The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

It's a funny thing to be standing in the battle field, turn around and find that your whole army has fled and you are standing there alone....

Do I turn back around and assess how close Ms Amy has advanced, or do I just run while I'm facing in the right direction?

The smart money says................................. run.

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

RUN! Don't look back, just run. LOL!

Dale

Comment

Amy, really they are giving you a hard time over foot pain. I do hope you get better soon and the bunion calms down. Wish I had a solution to help you but I don't. I do know my neighbor had one and they removed it. She hasn't had anymore problems with it.

Comment

Turns out it's not a bunion....doc says I have osteo arthritis and my cartilage is gone..... Need a total joint replacement.... doc has to break my foot, realign it, put screws to hold it in place, and put in a new joint behind my big toe... 6 weeks out of work, then 6 months in a boot due to the work I do.... can't afford to be out of work for 6 weeks, so limping and putting it off....

Comment

Amy, osteoarthritis is no fun. That is what I have in my right hand. I can't deal with it anymore so am seeing an orthropedic on friday. I to may have to have joint replacement but am hoping they can just clean out the joints of the inflamation and infection but either way I am 6 weeks without my right hand and I am right handed. It hurts to iron clothes, sew and a lot of other things I need to do. And dropping things is getting old.

Comment

Working...
                              X