I hit the Trifecta!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hit the Trifecta!!!!!!

Ok, so last night I was assigned to an 89 year old Cuban lady who was in isolation...... for....... wait for it.....

Influenza, C-diff, and Shingles!!!! Yay me!

Mask, double gloves and gown just to enter the room..... she also has dementia, so she pooed and peed all over herself, the bed, and the floor. This was not clean up on aisle three..... this was clean up on aisle three, four And five!!!!!

I'm telling you right now, in a grid down, TEOTWAWKI situation, I'm triaging her as NO WAY, NOT ME, HERE'S SOME BABY WIPES......

I'm also here to tell you that the Soiled Linen room is pure evil.... you want to take care of ISIS? Throw them in there for a day.... they'll find Jesus.

Amy, you are so funny. Never a dull moment where you work.

Comment

OK for the medically uninclined... what the heck is "C-Diff". I thought your were working on her car there for a second...
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Amy: I know I have said it before, but you are earning your place in heaven. God Bless you for doing what you do.
        The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

C-diff is a NASTY bacterial infection that makes your poopie smell like rotten curry..... looks like it too.....makes me dry heave......

Comment

I just don't have the words...

Comment

there is not enough money in the world...

Comment

Been there, done that. All I can say is your turn. Have fun. I am out of the medical field now for past 5 years. Retirement is alsome.

Comment

Why are they not using adult depends on her? Much easier clean up. a very large diaper!!!!!

Comment

RICH,

They won't use adult diapers where I work..... so frustrating.... so, us CNAs have devised our own.... we take a chuck and wrap it around them, like a cloth diaper, and use medical tape to secure it..... we just make sure to remove it before the supervisors come on in the morning.... the CNA that had this patient before me did Jack $hit, hence the major clean up...... sometimes I will even tape four maxi pads together, stick it between their crotch, and use a hand towel to tuck it into place.... lots of tricks, but if the CNA on the shift before you is a Dumba$$, or lazy, you get screwed at the change of shift.....

Comment

Seems asinine that they won't get you all the adult diapers to use. I mean don't they realize you all have to deal with it one way or another and from a cost stand point I'm betting the work arounds you all have to come up with using towels, pads, tape etc... and then the clean up of those cloth items likely costs them a heck of a lot more than some cases of Depends. Management, isn't it grand...

Comment

Amy, hospitals have no brains. It is costing them way more to not have those adult diapers. I wonder if they would let family members buy them for her to use? It seems to me that the way they are doing it would put the nurses in more danger from illness.

Comment

Working...
                        X