Prepping with IBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prepping with IBS

Saw my doc yesterday..... says I have IBS.... I've been throwing up again for the last month.... thought it was just stress.... doc says stress is making it worse, but not causing it....

So, he put me on some meds to heal my stomach, and he put me on the Low-Fodmap diet... oh man, there's nothing I can eat!!!!!

Having to rethink my food preps..... yeesh.....

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. A couple OTC treatments that you might try. May not help but it can't hurt.
    1. Metamucil, once a day as directed. Highly recommended by my doctor.
    2. Acidophilus. one pill per day. It's the stuff that they put in Yogurt to aid in lower tract health.
    Check them out on-line to see if they may help you.

Comment

Doc prescribed a probiotic, after I'm done taking the antibiotic for a week. The antibiotic is $500 for 14 pills, not covered by insurance. Sigh. Pharmacist says it is a really strong antibiotic. It better be, for $500. Xifaxan.

Comment

Good luck. We hope and will pray for your improved health.

Comment

Amy, am praying for a fast and speedy recovery. IBS is no fun. I know people that have been through it. Take care and do what your doctor says.

Comment

Sorry about your problem Ms Amy... At least you're not old, they don't have a treatment for that...

Comment

Now that you have the diagnosis you may be on your way to getting better. I hope the doctor's orders work for you. We will keep you in our prayers. Rotate your food stock, and make sure you have the things you can eat.

Good luck. I hope you are feeling better.
              The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Thanks guys.... don't feel bad for me though.... feel bad for my husband.... he has to live with a wife going thru sugar withdrawals.....

;)

Comment

Originally posted by NRAamy View Post
                  Thanks guys.... feel bad for my husband...

;)

Done ;)
                  Hope you feel better soon.
                  "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Please follow instructions and get better SOON. We need you to keep certain people in line.

Comment

Working...
                    X