No announcement yet.

Worst Case Reloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he doesn't have the primers stored in airtight cans (20MM/50cal) then the storage life is going to be much shorter and if he lives in a high humidity area even faster.

I have a buddy who is a competition shooter in Australia and they now reload but it is expensive as the gov't taxes everything in Brit based societies people like to do except sex and if they could get a counter put on women they would do that too.
    Last edited by Hummer; 03-28-2012, 07:06 AM.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power , Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), Palma Teams Member (2), Dewar Teams Member (2), Member 4 Man National Championship Smallbore AnySight Team, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Proving Ground , Eagle Scout, AC4HT, NRA Benefactor Member, Firefighter I, Shriner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

The old INDEPENDENT AMERICAN ONLINE MAG (now sadly out of print, but all three years are available on disk) had a series of articles on how to make your own powder, from black and orange, to cordite and single and double based. PLEASE NOTE! This is NOT a good idea! It is extremely dangerous!! As in blow up in your face, and the building you are in with you! However, under Obammy, it might be the only game in town.

Comment

ME TO!! Can never have to much ammo and reloading supplys

Comment

Making your own primers is risky, much better to stock up now. Remember to cache it in many different locations.

Comment

Anybody hear about reloading primers with caps? Going to test some out tomorrow to see if I can. Ammosmith has some really good YouTube vids on this.

Comment

Back from the range. The cap primers worked in my Beretta 92fs. The double paper cap primer sounded a little dull when fired but the one paper cap and the one plastic cap fired normally. Couldn't tell the difference between it and a factory primer. I don't have a crono so I couldn't tell you any difference other than my own opinion. It is definitely a viable alternative in a pinch. I'm not worried about pressures because I'm using them in my lead cast Boolits and are running at starting load specs. If anything my load pressures need to be increased due to the light primer pressures. Going to load up more and test reliability as best as I can.

Comment

Working...
              X