X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Freedom Defender

• Freedom Defender
    replied
    WOW, be ready to wait at least 8 weeks or more to get it in. I've been waiting since December for my Lee 50th anniv. kit. Everyone seeems to be on backorder right now.

Leave a comment:

• iceman
    replied
    I agree there is better then Lee....but they are a start without a lot of money .....i own RCBS as well, but I started on a Lee

Just my .02

Leave a comment:

• Morguns1Cam
    Valued Member

• Morguns1Cam
    replied
    I hate to disagree with Iceman, The Lee Precision presses are very cheaply made and dont hold up very well. They are inexpensive, and they are useable, but you will enjoy the task much more with better equipment.
    Ive been handloading for over 25 years! RCBS presses and tools are my favorite, they are built to last a lifetime and are warranted for life. I have a singlestage "Rock Chucker" press I bought 25 years ago, it still works as good as the day I bought it. I have a "PRO 2000" progressive press I bought in 2000, it has had one problem in many thousands of rounds loaded, which RCBS promptly shipped me the repair part at no charge. I have friends that initally bought the Lees stuff because of the cheap price and finally replaced them after many failures (that they had to pay to fix). www.NatchezSS.com Has about the best prices Ive found on reloading gear. As for as getting started, they sell a "Rocker Chucker Supreme Master Reloading Kit" for $279.00 it includes the press, powder scale, powder measure, primer seating tool, and small handtools ect. While this is not "everything you ever need" (case cleaning tumbler , dies for your specific caliber) it is a great kit to get you started.(even an instruction book!)
    Hand-loading is a science not just a process, its also a wonderful hobby and I recommend it highly!
    Cam

Leave a comment:

• iceman
    replied
    just my .02

Lee is the way to go, I started with Lee years ago and have given many to friends to get them started. There is always ways to move up but something basic and does the job......get Lee and enjoy

Leave a comment:

• snal
    replied
    For under $75 you can get the Lee Anniversary kit....everything but the die sets.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/149097

Leave a comment:

• Vicious Ignernt

• Vicious Ignernt
    replied
    I'd be interested in reading what a down and dirty, bargain basement, no frills set up for 9mm would be? Costs, approx?

Leave a comment:

• s&w pride

• s&w pride
    started a topic good starter reloading kit?

good starter reloading kit?

im trying to get into reloading my own ammo i just caint decide on a reloading kit to go with im leaning toward a rcbs but i want to get one that fits my needs i have the following cal. 40sw,500sw,45acp,357mag,30-06,and 7.65x53 what would you recomend me looking into:confused: any info will be greatly appreciated
Working...
X