No announcement yet.

How long have you carried a concealed weapon? and what got you started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started somewhere around 77/78. I use a G17 today.......I started carrying since I lived in a corrupt county then and still do even after a 21 year military career.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
      Started somewhere around 77/78. I use a G17 today.......I started carrying since I lived in a corrupt county then and still do even after a 21 year military career.
      Corrupt county?
      Well fact is many, if not all, are corrupt in some manner.
      Police departments?
      Yeah, 'fraid so to some degree.
      Why do I say that?
      Well I served 22.5 years on a 55 man department, 10 years as a detective.
      I WITNESSED plenty of dirty deeds done dirt cheap.
      I recall a judge having a "private" hearing on a scum bucket and he actually asked the
      defense attorney, " has Mr. Green be satisfied?"
      Obviously the judge got paid off to reduce a felony to a minor misdemeanor and I didn't get a dime! Not that I wanted anything.
      I avoided being connected with such filth even reporting corruption to the F.B.I. investigating
      organized crime and corruption.
      Know what I was told to do?
      Mind my business and keep quiet or else find myself waking beat mid nights in the
      city grave yard that's what!
      The ONLY reason the Chief kept me a detective, and later detective in charge of investigations
      was that I made headlines in the local news for him!
      When my "friend", a captain, made Chief he sent me to many training schools, most were
      tactical firearms schools and I loved that.
      Thing is that was his way of keeping me out of town and out of touch!
      I got seriously hurt arresting some miscreants.
      I called for back up that NEVER CAME!
      Hum???????????
      My days were numbered so when I suffered my 4th broken back and 9 months in rehab
      learning to walk again I took a 55% disability and never looked back!
      After rehab I got a free ride to college via the State B.V.R. and eared 2 degrees and retired
      again with 8 years at G.M.
      Pee on 'em.
      The Feds WERE investigating my department but I didn't know that. They investigated
      ME also and I came up clean of course.
      After I retired my Chief and 4 detectives got indicted! Bawwwwwwwwwwww-hawwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Lot to be said for being honest and truthful in my opinion.
      I sleep just fine with a clean conscious.
      I collect my disability police pension AND a small G.M. stipend and social security.
      It all worked out just peachy. ( for me. )

My carry is a Smith M-60 3" s.s. .357 5 shot.
      I'm a revolver guy.
      Last edited by jeager; 05-04-2017, 05:01 PM.

Comment

I carried concealed for many years and the motivation for it was I would rather carry a handgun under my coat when tromping in the woods to avoid losing it from the holster and to be law abiding when I shot competition being the courses we fired required a concealed weapon simulating everyday life situations. Other than that never felt the need to carry concealed until I moved to commiefornia where I cannot legally carry.

Comment

Jaeger is right on the money. I discovered Federal Agents were stealing guns which I wasn't worried about but they all thought they could put my name and SSN on the property computer as if they sent it to me. Never found out how long it had been going on but when I did I called Internal Affairs, they did nothing.

Then I called Office of Management Integrity, they came for a statement and told me to keep quiet about it while they investigated. They did nothing.

I called the Inspector General's office and they covered it up.

Finally a highly placed official found out, called me and gave me a name/number of a Congressional Investigator and told me we had not had that conversation.

I called the Congressional Investigator who had a backhoe and he started digging and confirmed everything I told them.

Then the Committee Chairman he worked for sent him to see the Inspector General and told him to clean it up or he would be explaining to multiple congressional hearings why he did not. He got out the Mr. Clean and went to work.

When his report came in I got a call to testify before Congress and I now come under the congressional witness statute which is double the sentence for tampering with a Federal Witness.

So I can confirm public corruption is rampant from the local to the federal level having been involved with both.

Last edited by Hummer; 01-05-2018, 10:39 AM.
          Distinguished Rifleman High Power , Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), Palma Teams Member (2), Dewar Teams Member (2), Member 4 Man National Championship Smallbore AnySight Team, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Proving Ground , Eagle Scout, AC4HT, NRA Benefactor Member, Firefighter I, Shriner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Hummer View Post

So I can confirm public corruption is rampant from the local to the federal level having been involved with both.
            I worked for 4 different federal agencies after my discharge from the Army and saw corruption in 3 of the 4 agencies. Everything from stealing firearms to miss using funds for private gain. Reported numerous violations until I just was to PO'd to care. Glad someone got something done Hummer. Congrats and Thanks!

Dale

Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Was required to carry by the military from 1972-1993 due to positions I had. I worked around a lot of classified material. Some times I had to accompany it to different areas in the USA and some times in other countries.

It's funny to have a brief case handcuffed to you, and before any one else is aboard, you hand the pilot a loaded .45 1911A1, .until you landed.

Comment

Rich, all I can say is a Gov't Mod 45 is a real pain in the ribs to wear it in those small seats back in coach. Also had two mags on other side. They won't give you any wine either.

Though one time before we took off a Stew came and got me and said come with me. I got reassigned to first class first seat on right past the bulkhead. Pilot opened the cabin door, winked and smiled at me as he knew there wasn't going to be any problems that day.

Got on another flight coming back from California and this Stew comes walking back and I see her looking at seat numbers. She hands me a note that says, "Gun in these seats" There were six guns on that flight. We take off and I see this guy walking back to the rear and I knew he was a cop 15 rows away. He gets back and motions me to follow him so we go back to the head area and he shows me his creds and I show him mine and he says, "We got a problem." "The guy in 23B doesn't have a clue of what I am talking about." which meant one of the six seat number wasn't right.

I always requested a seat at the escape hatch over the wing. My plan was if we were going down I was gonna pop the hatch before impact as I figured the odds were good of it getting jammed. I had seen the training films of what happens in a wheels up at an airport and figured I didn't want to be in a cook in.

I won't fly any more. Me no 45, me no fly.

What we are trying to tell yawl is "There be a whole lot of corruptin goin on heah."
                Last edited by Hummer; 01-05-2018, 10:24 AM.
                Distinguished Rifleman High Power , Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), Palma Teams Member (2), Dewar Teams Member (2), Member 4 Man National Championship Smallbore AnySight Team, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Proving Ground , Eagle Scout, AC4HT, NRA Benefactor Member, Firefighter I, Shriner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Normally I carry some form of 9 mm pistol. About 90% of the time I carry a Glock 19 as my personal choice. It gives me 15 rounds of diplomacy to use if things go south real quick. My back-up magazine is a 17 round G-17 magazine. Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you, my G-19 is a gray color and it came that way.

Comment

After my home evasion happened. Carried all the time since I was a deputy sheriff 12 years now.

Comment

i started at age 16 and had been practicing the ccw draw since I was 12. With the right shirt tail on a t shirt (loaded with sand at the hem) I can sometimes beat the drop of a coin held on the back of the hand that clears the garment, starting at waist height. The shot is a "prayer", not gonna reliably hit a man beyond "hand it over" distance. but that's .75 second to react, draw from concealment and fire, with .20 second of that being my reaction time. When I start first, HE only has .55 second to react, decide what to do, and fire. If I have sidestepped as I drew, he'll ALSO have to take yet another .20 second to move his gun to my new location. Which is how it's possible to "beat the drop" in the real world. Also, of course, you want to wait until he's distracted by something, if possible, and you only do this if you think that he's going to shoot you anyway. Because a hit doesn't necessarily mean that he can't fire (repeatedly) and at that range, he's likely to hit you. Of course, if you're armored, as you should be when ccw'ing, you might still be ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X