How long have you carried a concealed weapon? and what got you started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long have you carried a concealed weapon? and what got you started

I have been carrying concealed, since 1990. The birth of our daughter was the reason I started…

What say you?
    Attached Files
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time I carried, I was 17 and carried a Llama Super Comanche .44 Magnum in a shoulder holster underneath a trench coat. Bahahaha! I was a stupid kid.

When I became a cop, I always carried after that. (It was a department rule) 1996ish I think.

- Buggy
    I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
      The first time I carried, I was 17 and carried a Llama Super Comanche .44 Magnum in a shoulder holster underneath a trench coat. Bahahaha! I was a stupid kid.

When I became a cop, I always carried after that. (It was a department rule) 1996ish I think.

- Buggy
      Llama have not heard about them in years...I had a 45ACP that jammed after just about every shot. Do you know if the still make Llama`s? I can`t remember where my Llama came from…Italy or Spain
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

I got my concealed carry permit when I was in the service, so I started carrying in 86, been carrying ever since.

Joe
        SEMPER PARATUS

Comment

The month after I turned 21. and that was 20 plus years ago. I lived and worked night in the bad part of the city.

Comment

I have been carrying legally for about 18 years. I have been carrying for about 27 years.

Comment

I have been carrying regularly since 96 and llama arms was in portagul I have a 1911 in 38 super by them (not my carry gun though)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	186636
              NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Started carrying in the service in October 83. (Asia, Central America, Phillipines), Been carrying on the job or privately ever since. Used to carry a 45acp but had to change after the injury (couldn't stand the recoil or overpressure). Here's my current rig.

Carried a sidearm because it was easier to hide than a rifle or submachinegun. LOL

Dale
                Last edited by dalewick; 10-11-2012, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I have been carrying legally for about 3 years. I can't comment on my time before that. Remember, Kalifornia is not very gun friendly and the first time I applied, I was told not to bother wasting my time. That was about 25 years ago.

Will
                  CITIZEN by BIRTH
                  AMERICAN by CHOICE
                  NRA PATRON MEMBER by NECESSITY

Comment

Because my former state of residence, IL, is the last hold out against it's citizens carrying, I've only been legally allowed to carry full time since moving to MO earlier this year. Before that, since about '01, I've carried while travelling with permits from other states. I'm of the old school "Sheepdog" mentality, the protection of myself, family and friends and the flock in general is my responsibility. Nothing at all against the hard working, under paid members of the law enforcement community, they have my thanks and respect. But when seconds count, they're minutes away and I have to fight off the wolves until backup arrives.
                    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

Been carrying since 1978. I carry because I can.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100MEDIA$IMAG0240.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	186637
                      Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. *George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Twenty-five or thirty years, probably. Maybe a bit longer off and on as I felt was needed. Not always permitted to do so. I simply felt it was no one's business but mine at the time and was willing to risk it.

I don't think I ever carried a revolver. All autos. Commanders, Glocks and such.

I began carrying because I believed then, as I do now, that I have the rights of a free man to arm himself. No other reason is necessary, I don't think, but I do also believe that I have a responsibility to protect and defend myself, my family, my property, and my community. Thinking that government will do that for me is simply ludicrous, in my opinion.

I carry every day. I also carry at home, or either have one within reach. I would just as soon forget my pants as my sidearm!

Comment

Been carrying legal for 6 yrs. Not going to say when I started.
                          G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Been carrying for about 6 years. Saw a great post on carrying which you will all enjoy. A guy was asked "why do you carry a gun?" His answer "because I can't carry a cop."
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan101 View Post
                              "why do you carry a gun?" His answer "because I can't carry a cop."
                              That's definitely the quote of the day.

I got my permit last year. I still don't actually carry. I keep one in the car.
                              If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

Working...
                              X