Announcement

Collapse

Survival Warehouse

Please check out our Sponsor Survival Warehouse!

They are dedicated and devoted to providing the best Survival & Preparedness Gear available. They have been around for decades and really excel in the Long Term Food Storage Category.

Survival Warehouse - Offering the best deals and hard to find Survival Kits, Survival Gear, MRES, MRE Meals, Freeze Dried Camping Food, Bug out bags, Survival Gear, Gas masks and more. Be Prepared and ready for any emergency or disaster
See more
See less

S&W 325 PD a .45 ACP revolver

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S&W 325 PD a .45 ACP revolver



    I love semi autos and my favorite caliber is the venerable .45 ACP.

    Sure I like the capacity of the wonder nines and if it shoots a projectile, I like it.

    Revolvers are nice but I have not owned many. So after getting really anal about chasing my brass from the autos, I looked into the S&W 25,625,325 series of revolver. I wanted something light weight so the 325 PD fit the bill. Thunder Ranch has partenered with S&W to make the Nightwatch but I just don't like snub nosed revolver. I consider the 4" barrelled revolver the minimum for a good utility gun. My local dealer ask his supplier and they said they had one in stock and I had them ship it out.



    It has some nice wood grips as well as the the rubber grips it now wears. I'd plan on adding some Crimson Trace laser grips (I prefer Lasermax for semi-autos) in the future.

    Since the .45 ACP does not have a rim, it requires the use of a moon clip to be able to extract spent cases. Think a speed loader that you just drop in six fresh catridges! I think you can also use the .45 auto rim catridge but to me it is a mute point as I am sticking to the .45 ACP.

    If you are gonna use it you better lay in a good supply of moon clips and they are cheap enough to stack deep ;)



    The cylinder is made from titanium and the frame is made from S&W Scandium metal, only the internals and a metal insert in the barrel are made from steel! Very light weight buts recoil is not severe. I wouldn't want to shoot the .357 or .44 mag version a lot :eek: Weighs roughly the same loaded as a Glock 36 and is just as handy.

    The sights are of the high-viz front size variety and are very easy to pick up. As all S&W revolvers it is nicely done and is accurate.

    Just need some leather for it, might place an order with Kramer to get one of their excellent horse hide leather holsters. Good stuff!

    So now when the mighty .45 roars on the ZA homestead, the ZA doesn't roar because he lost his BRASS:mad: It happens when you shoot and move in a fescue field!

    Thanks for reading :)
    73

    later,
    ZA

    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
    beat you to death with it because it is empty.

    The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.


  • #2
    I'm not a big S&W fan...but that right there might just change my mind!
    Sweeeeeet!

    Comment


    • #3


      This is the Thunder Ranch Version of the revolver with a light rail under the barrel. Looks nice but it is expensive piece.

      Here is the S&W 325 PD Night Watch series. Nice little gun, but just don't like the short barrel! I do like the tritium from sight though :)

      73

      later,
      ZA

      Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
      beat you to death with it because it is empty.

      The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

      Comment


      • #4
        Man, that is a nice piece. I have a ruger blackhawk that shoots .45 ACP, but I really like that S&W you are showing. Are the moon clips difficult to load?
        The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm an auto fan, myself, but that is one sick wheelgun.....niiiiice.
          "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

          "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
            I'm an auto fan, myself, but that is one sick wheelgun.....niiiiice.

            I have heard that auto shooters are that way due to lack of practice. They like having the 19 round 9mm mags so they can spray and pray. Like the studies of the NYPD. I cannot remember the name of the case, but they shot a retarded kid who was pulling out his wallet to get his ID an 4 cops opened up on him. They shot a total of 49 rounds and hit the kid 6 times. Poor training and lack of range time? Yeah. The answer to lack of range time? Give them LOTS of rounds and hope they hit something.

            Me? I hit what I intend to hit with 1 round, and the second is to ensure they go down.

            By the way, the kid died. 1 of the spray and pray rounds hit him in the head. I never heard if they were sued, but I would assume that the anti-firearms lawyers had a heyday with the head shot. I am sure that the family no longer lives in a rent controlled flat in one of the less desireable bouroughs.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by beebopcop View Post
              Man, that is a nice piece. I have a ruger blackhawk that shoots .45 ACP, but I really like that S&W you are showing. Are the moon clips difficult to load?
              Piece of cake to load up, they snap right in... Takes a little bit of doing to remove (demoon) the empties but a 1/2 pipe will do the trick in a pinch along with a straight pull away from the clip...

              Reminds me I got some nice high impact plastic stock that I am gonna make me a demooning tool this week! Will follow up with that later on :)
              73

              later,
              ZA

              Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to
              beat you to death with it because it is empty.

              The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                I have heard that auto shooters are that way due to lack of practice. They like having the 19 round 9mm mags so they can spray and pray. Like the studies of the NYPD. I cannot remember the name of the case, but they shot a retarded kid who was pulling out his wallet to get his ID an 4 cops opened up on him. They shot a total of 49 rounds and hit the kid 6 times. Poor training and lack of range time? Yeah. The answer to lack of range time? Give them LOTS of rounds and hope they hit something.

                Me? I hit what I intend to hit with 1 round, and the second is to ensure they go down.

                By the way, the kid died. 1 of the spray and pray rounds hit him in the head. I never heard if they were sued, but I would assume that the anti-firearms lawyers had a heyday with the head shot. I am sure that the family no longer lives in a rent controlled flat in one of the less desireable bouroughs.
                Now-now, Rusty....don't be too judgemental just 'cause you're a spinner-fan. I've served with guys that were absolute surgeons with any pistol...it's just a preference, that's all.

                Me, I'm a quick-draw, and a dead-shot with every weapon in my arsenal, 'cause I know 'em, and I like 'em. And I have been professionally trained and graded with them. You can't blame the weapon for bad shooting any more than you can blame the pencil for bad spelling....

                Just my $0.02
                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                  Now-now, Rusty....don't be too judgemental just 'cause you're a spinner-fan. I've served with guys that were absolute surgeons with any pistol...it's just a preference, that's all.

                  Me, I'm a quick-draw, and a dead-shot with every weapon in my arsenal, 'cause I know 'em, and I like 'em. And I have been professionally trained and graded with them. You can't blame the weapon for bad shooting any more than you can blame the pencil for bad spelling....

                  Just my $0.02
                  I know. But my 686 serves me fine. And I know you are not the spray and pray kind of guy. But the hi tech, hi cap firearms have done more to contribute to poor shooting skills than any other factor. The spary and pray mentality of a lot of folks appalls me!!!. Give them a single shot and see if they dont fix those lousy shooting skills.

                  Just my opinion though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                    I know. But my 686 serves me fine. And I know you are not the spray and pray kind of guy. But the hi tech, hi cap firearms have done more to contribute to poor shooting skills than any other factor. The spary and pray mentality of a lot of folks appalls me!!!. Give them a single shot and see if they dont fix those lousy shooting skills.

                    Just my opinion though.
                    I know what you mean...you ought to see some of the guys who come to the range with their buddies and their new rigs....They come with about 500 rds - get the barrel on that new Glock red-hot in about 3 or 4 minutes, make a lot of noise, one guy's loading clips, while the others are taking turns seeing how fast they can pull the trigger...they don't really hit anything, but that's okay, because they're not shootists, they're just having fun...afer about 10 minutes, run out of ammo, call it a day.....head for the couch.
                    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      On the other hand, you got guys like me and my buddies. We head to the range with that dull, khaki-toned sidearm we've been toting since Columbia. We came with about 50 rds a piece. We hit the tactical draw booth, so we can improve on reaction times, coupled ith accuracy. We bullsh*t with the old-timers, 'cause they're smarter than us, and we know it. When we finaly get to the shooting booths, it's just muscle memory.....no target sillouette has more than two holes in it, but one magazine lasts through eight targets. One center mass, and one head, as fast as can be accurately executed. After a few hours, you've finally spent about half your box of 50, and it's time to service your weapon and go home.

                      You're a shootist......not a gamer......congratulations.
                      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                      "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                        On the other hand, you got guys like me and my buddies. We head to the range with that dull, khaki-toned sidearm we've been toting since Columbia. We came with about 50 rds a piece. We hit the tactical draw booth, so we can improve on reaction times, coupled ith accuracy. We bullsh*t with the old-timers, 'cause they're smarter than us, and we know it. When we finaly get to the shooting booths, it's just muscle memory.....no target sillouette has more than two holes in it, but one magazine lasts through eight targets. One center mass, and one head, as fast as can be accurately executed. After a few hours, you've finally spent about half your box of 50, and it's time to service your weapon and go home.

                        You're a shootist......not a gamer......congratulations.
                        One rule the old range I used to go to in the DFW area had a rule that I liked. No more then 1 shot every 3 seconds. Kept the yeah-hoos in control. I do like to just shoot sometimes, forgetting target aquisition. Take the AK out and just drop 30 rounds on a target at 200 yards just to see what a lot of lead downrange can do. I am usually disappointed though. Miss more then I hit.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I would rather have a 44 SPL, solves alot of problems and has better balistics.
                          The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                            One rule the old range I used to go to in the DFW area had a rule that I liked. No more then 1 shot every 3 seconds. Kept the yeah-hoos in control. I do like to just shoot sometimes, forgetting target aquisition. Take the AK out and just drop 30 rounds on a target at 200 yards just to see what a lot of lead downrange can do. I am usually disappointed though. Miss more then I hit.
                            Yeah, I must admit, when we go out to the property and have blast-offs.....I get kinda crazy w/the Ithaca.....runnin' through our little homemade gaunlet and firing from the hip....still pretty accurate w/my shots, though.....experience counts for something..... yeehaw.
                            "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

                            "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                              Yeah, I must admit, when we go out to the property and have blast-offs.....I get kinda crazy w/the Ithaca.....runnin' through our little homemade gaunlet and firing from the hip....still pretty accurate w/my shots, though.....experience counts for something..... yeehaw.
                              Hard to do with an AK. Difficult to hit anything with it anyhow.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎