Your bug out handguns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your bug out handguns

Which handgun(s) go with you if you have to bug out on foot. I know we all have too many to carry, at least I do, so we all have to make choices. My Daily carry gun is a Kimber Tac-Pro II in a Milt sparks VM-II with two spare mags on my left hip so, that is gun number one. Like many people I think that the 22 has a role in a survival situation and, since I want my on Rifle to be something that is capable of taking medium to large game, I have a GSG 1911-22 in my BOB with 100 rounds of ammo. This will be replaced by a 5 to 6 inch bull barreled Ruger Mark II when I find one for the right price. I have lots of guns that could be thrown in the BOB last minute if I have the room for them and can carry the extra weight. One or both of my G23's would probably be my next choice. As I said, these are my choices right now. These guns are on my person or in my bug out bag on a daily basis. They may not be the best choices but they are something. At least I won't be running around last minute figuring out what to take in a Katrina type situation. I may change my mind in the future but at least I am ready to some extent. Also, as I have said, my daily carry is a 1911 with two spare mags on my person. There are two more mags in my small get home bag and two more in my 24 hour bag and 2 more in my BOB for a total of 9mags and 73 rounds of ammo. There are also usually several more kickin' around in my vehicles. Currently I only have two mags for the GSG but, if I decide to keep that as my "critter gitter" I will have to buy at least 2 more. By the way, the GSG mags are RUGGED, way better than others I have seen, FWIW. My current rifle of choice for buggin' out (into the woods) is my Marlin Cowboy in 45 Colt. Yes I have ARs and AKs and a Mini-14 etc., but the one I would take is the 45 Colt.

one cal.....one type of mag to rule them all.

I have 1 Glock 26 mag....and 2 Glock 19 mags....and a boat load of 17 and 18 mags that fit into them all.

Ruger MKII for the little ones....:)
    Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

Every day carry is what will go 1911 and a butt load of mags. Ruger markII is in BOB 3 mags 200 rounds 22 lr in food saver bag. It just lives there for a rainey day
      You don't have to be perfect, but you better be smart!!!

Comment

Beretta M9 is my main gun and I in bug out bag their is a Ruger MK2 Bull barrel gor small game wife has S&W 357 and a heritage rough rider in 22 and 22mag for the pack
        NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Echo, ammo and magazine commonality is a big plus in choice of guns, and you just can't argue with your choice of the Glock. I have a G23 and a G32 with an extra 40 S&W barrel for the G32. If I really ever have to bug out I may take the two Glocks and the 20 or so mags that I have for them. It would all depend on what the conditions were and how much time I had to prepare. The 1911 is my EDC so that is where I start from.
          Iron Mike, I see we have the same choice in 22's. I regret sell all the Mark 2's I have had, and it is a bunch, probably 10-12. I also have an old Ruger Single six with both mags that I am going to Dura-coat when I get the time. This may have to go in my wifes or daughters pack.

Comment

Ruger Gov't Model Target MarkII. Has 5 1/2" bull barrel. It's my fox squirrel gun.
            "The enemy is the necessary condition for practicing patience."

Comment

Para Ordinance P-14 LDA .45, Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag .320 grain bullets.
              G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Ruger 357 mag. I know its a six shooter but, I am best shot with this one out of mine. also I have the choice of using 38special or 357 loads. As much ammo as you can pack, with out doing with out something else, to lighten your weight in your pack. The ammo can be spread out among all in your group of bug out team.
                IF IT DOESN'T KILL YOU, IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER

Comment

Originally posted by nightwolf View Post
                  Ruger 357 mag. I know its a six shooter but, I am best shot with this one out of mine. also I have the choice of using 38special or 357 loads. As much ammo as you can pack, with out doing with out something else, to lighten your weight in your pack. The ammo can be spread out among all in your group of bug out team.
                  Which is why it is very important to standardize calibers if not firearms....
                  Live like you'll die tomorrow, learn like you'll live forever.

Comment

A Springfield 1911 TRP is my daily carry, with two extra mags.My BOB has a springfield XD-M and two extra mags in it and my jeep always has a ruger single six in 44 mag. with 25 rounds. My rifle of choice would be my socom -16 and a hundred rounds.

Comment

My Glock 19. Its my EDC and the one I'm likely to have with me. I keep several magazines and a cleaning kit in my go bag.
                      Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Comment

I tend to think (at the moment anyway) that a .357 rifle and handgun with a .22 handgun is about the optimum for me if I have to walk. The .357 handgun can be reasonably light, has adequate power and the 627 N frame Smiths have 8 shots. A S&W Model 627Pro or 627PC, Marlin 1984C and a Model 63 .22.

Comment

I would carry my Taurs 99AF 9MM as a backup I will have my taurs TCP in 380 .
                          Robert W
                          Democracy Will Cease To Exist When You Take Away From Those Who Are Willing To Work And Give to Those Who Are Not.-Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'll be packing a full size .45 XD, my wife and daughter will each have a 9mm XDM
                            Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

Comment

9mm Stoeger Llama 1911 with 2 mags. It's all I got..

Comment

Working...
                              X