I"ve got over 200,000 rds thru cocked and locked SA autopistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I"ve got over 200,000 rds thru cocked and locked SA autopistols

and literally at least one million draws and dry snaps, probably twice that much. I looked at the Star 380 Pony in the early 70's and knew damned well that it could be made in 9mm with just a bit more bulk It took 30 years for manufacturers to see that! Sheesh. However, I would not recommend the SA auto for a person who's not going to truly work on making it reflexive to manipulate that safety. For such people, i recommend the kahr CM9 and as a practice-gun, the Taurus PT22. Same DAO trigger pull. The Taurus and Beretta's lack an extractor and thus, can't be trusted to be reliable. You CAN add real sights and an extractor to such guns, but it'll cost you about $1000 to a custom smith and you'll still just have a pissant caliber. I dont trust the 9mm to have enough power, with factory ammo. Especially not in pocket guns. It needs to be re-chambered to 9x21 for the pocket gun and loaded with a very lw bullet at very high velocity. Then you can have minimal recoil while causing massive amounts of shock and tissue destruction.
    Last edited by registror; 04-20-2021, 03:16 PM.

that was 40 years ago, what have you done since getting out of prison?

Comment

Originally posted by Garand View Post
      that was 40 years ago, what have you done since getting out of prison?
      Great answer to a crock of bull stinky idiot..
      I can answer your what have you done since getting out of prison question. Nothing except post a lot of bull crap online until he was banned from numerous sites.

What registror doesn't know is after 200,000 rounds, the barrel is shot out. No manufacturer promises any where close to 200K rounds barrel life
      Double action triggers have a heavier trigger pull weight. As Sir Isaac Newton said in 1642 for every Action, there is an equal reaction.
      Simply said a 6# trigger has more reaction than a 3# trigger.

Comment

From 1986 to 1996, I shot IPSC, starting with a 9mm then moving to a .45acp, since that time I have shot Wild Bunch as side match of Cowboy Action, Action Pistol matches, 3 gun matches, WW2 re-enactor matches (briefly) all with a Colt Series '70 using cast lead bullets. While my main pistol is starting to show some accuracy decrease, it is not because of the barrel. I am still get decent accuracy out of the Wilson Match barrel I put in decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Garand View Post
          From 1986 to 1996, I shot IPSC, starting with a 9mm then moving to a .45acp, since that time I have shot Wild Bunch as side match of Cowboy Action, Action Pistol matches, 3 gun matches, WW2 re-enactor matches (briefly) all with a Colt Series '70 using cast lead bullets. While my main pistol is starting to show some accuracy decrease, it is not because of the barrel. I am still get decent accuracy out of the Wilson Match barrel I put in decades ago.
          I used to compete a lot, 3 gun, 1000 yard at Williamsport, PA (http://www.pa1000yard.com), a local (NC) club has a knockdown target pistol range, trap, turkey shoots and metallic silhouettes etc.
          My benchrest rifle had its barrel set back due to throat erosion a few times. It takes 85 grains of slow burning powder or roughly 82 rounds per pound. It used to a fun challenge until powder prices went through the roof.

Have you seen the Krebs barrel for 1911s?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Krebs barrel.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	642.0 KB
ID:	222506
          Instead of doing a hard fit barrel, Krebs machined the barrel to take strips of spring steel so it locks up like a hard fit without the extra costs. Also the barrel lugs that are modified.

A good friend owns one,
          Unfortunately, Krebs quit making them and from what I heard he does AKs now.

Comment

Currently my main match 1911 is a Springfield Armory NM Trophy Match, my backup Series '70 is fitted with a Wilson match barrel and my 1914 manufactured Colt Commercial Model (Canadian Contract) is fitted with an Ed Brown match barrel to replace the burnt out piece of WW2 junk that it came with when I bought it. From my IPSC days I probably have enough spare 1911 parts to last me another 40-50 years shooting.

Comment

The .45 I'm currently carrying is a CZ 97 BD, it's surprisingly accurate.

I definitely agree on the Springfield NM.

I have a few WWII 1911-A1s. A family bring back WWII P-38 with mismatching magazines.

With rifles or pistols, I celebrate diversity.

Enjoy:
              https://www.gun-tests.com/handguns/p...mber-colt-45s/

Comment

Working...
              X