No announcement yet.

Unpopular calibers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When one competes, cast bullets are a necessity.

Have you tried the "lipstick" bullets? A bud gave me a bunch.

Speaking of Mike Dillion:
    https://www.dillonprecision.com/about-us.html

Comment

If your referring to those 200 grain LSWC bullets for the .45 acp, yep I've been using them since the early '90's. They have functioned reliably in every .45 I have owned. During the '90's when I was still shooting IPSC I was buying a lot from Dillon, 9/11 changed that. Export regs from the US changed. The year my wife won the 550 at bingo we visited the Dillon Factory in Phoenix and spent a good chunk of change as we were allowed $800.00 duty free each because we had been down in the US for 3 weeks. We have no problem ordering most reloading equipment from the US but cartridge components are a no-no.

Comment

If the L means Lyman 452460; I'm familiar. Somewhere, I also have my father's I believe his is a 165g

The WWII 1911-A1 are typically picky eaters and prefer HB. I have one will shoot a variety of JHP, but only if the first round fired is HB.

Does Canada have VAT?
        As I worked in Detroit for a couple of years until their draconian firearms laws sent me running back South.
        Quite a few Canadians work in Detroit and according to them, one better completely remove the new tire stickers before crossing the bridge back to Canada.
        Another item, I learned was after Canada went hard metric and the size of doors, windows and even shingles are different that inch. That was 1990 to 1992

Comment

LOL when you said lipstick bullets I thought ou were talking about the 700 grain .45 caliber bullet designed for the 45/70. it maxs the cylinder capacity on the handguns that shoot it . It's a pretty hefty round when 10 bullets alone is 1 lb of lead.

Last edited by Armyjimbo; 04-05-2022, 04:19 PM.

Comment

We have a GST Tax (Gouge & Screw Tax),. we have a Carbon Tax (that taxes the air we breathe), its about time for a new tax though,

Comment

GST Tax (Gouge & Screw Tax) sounds like the usual judging by the source.

In NC, they tried for flatulence tax on farm animals. Another one was add water meters on wells.

Comment

Working...
              X