Lubricant and water caused misfires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubricant and water caused misfires

The above is a test I conducted in 1990 where I applied lubricants once to 2000 rounds of each type of ammo. I sprayed cases once daily with water as it dried up so quickly in summer heat in the South. After 12 days I stopped testing and rest of ammo went for destruction.

Right click on pic, paste on Word, hit print and you will have the whole page you can read.
    Last edited by Hummer; 08-06-2018, 03:01 AM.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power , Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), Palma Teams Member (2), Dewar Teams Member (2), Member 4 Man National Championship Smallbore AnySight Team, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Proving Ground , Eagle Scout, AC4HT, NRA Benefactor Member, Firefighter I, Shriner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So is that the same cheap old "super lube" lithium that you can buy in any hardware?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Why not clean and place ammo in water/air tight plastic bags? I do this every year and some of my ammo comes from the 1980's.

Comment

Working...
      X