Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrepPadawan
    replied
    I have a Glock 36 as one of my CCW pieces. Very slim and holds 6+1 rounds of .45 ACP. Concealable and very reliable. Despite what some internet wags say, my G36 hasn't experienced a failure of any kind after 1000 rounds. I also have a S&W 442 snub nosed which is better suited for summer carry. And modern .38 hollow points are no joke.

However, for SHTF situations, I have a Glock 17. Nice to have 17+1 rounds on tap in a gun that can take tons of abuse, is easy to fix without gunsmiths and the has tons of spare parts and accessories in the market place. Yes, it's a 9MM but modern 9MM's are no joke either. There also cheaper than .45s and very plentiful. However, I'm in the market for a new gun and will probably pick up a g26. That would cover concealment issues nicely. It's my plan to have two pistols in every caliber I use, .38. 9MM and .45. So I'm one short.

Leave a comment:

• Iron mike
    replied
    Urban or in the city my EDC id either a M9 Beretta or Ruger P94 in the woods hiking with the kids its Ruger Security 6 in 357 either way I keep a NAA .22 mini in my pocket JIC

Leave a comment:

• tazman
    replied
    Kel-Tec PF9 and taurus judge are my CC

Leave a comment:

• Stitch
    replied
    In my opinion the best warm weather Concealed Carry Weapon is a Rohrbaugh R9S. It is about the same size or smaller than most .380 ACPs, but is a 9mm. It is paired with a Microtech HALO III - they are legal in Arizona. For cold weather my choice is a Colt Government Model Series '70 .45ACP.

Rohrbaugh Firearms

Leave a comment:

• Thebiglaskowski
    replied
    I carry a walther PPK in .380 now I know everyone is going to go on and on about stopping power blah blah blah but no one has said they would stand in front of it to prove there theory. I carry it because it has a flat profile a double action trigger which means I can carry it with a round in the chamber. It fires a good enough cartriage. and I shoot the daylights out of it so a .380 in the tear duct is better than a .460 Ruger Miss because less recoil and cheap ammo I practice. I wear slacks and tie most days so I cant have anything protrude on my waist. I carry mine in my pocket This is where the ppk shines its no wider than my cigs and I have found when I am in places that feel sporty I can put my hand in my pocket and off safe and point without doing anything threatning (yes I will shoot a hole in my pants or coat) try that with your 500SW so I guess what I am saying dont over look NAA PPK kel-tec etc

Leave a comment:

• Echo2
    replied
    I'm running a Glock 19 or 17 (which ever I grab) with truglo 24/7 sights.....and a couple Glock 17 mags....on my person.

This is what I keep close at hand....Sub 2000....takes Glock mags

Leave a comment:

• walksoftly carrybigstick
    replied
    The springfield emp in 9mm is a fantastic carry gun. You can't argue with a sub compact 1911. As far as the price... that is a different story.

Leave a comment:

• jmrbsn
    replied
    ccw

i carry g27 40. love it very accurate and with the carbon ammo its a sure bet it will solve bad situations hans down or i carry my 1911 45 carbon ammo best money can buy:cool:

Leave a comment:

• Jake-Gallows
    replied
    Depending on what I am wearing, I alternate between a Glock 34 and a Glock 19. Both have Ameriglo Operator night sights, 3.5 lb trigger connector, and extended controls are same on both weapons. I carry two spare full capacity magazines on my weak side, AND I back it up with my Charter Arms Undercover on my ankle

Leave a comment:

• hudson69
    replied
    CCW for myself?

I have a Phoenix Arms HP22 with a clip draw (though I do have an ankle holster and a belt slide holster for it as well. This is for formal events that would look bad if it became obvious I was carrying, summer in shorts, when I go running and similar situations. I have a Taurus snub revolver in .357magnum for other times when; like when I am fishing or camping, hiking and it is not far enough off the beaten path that my Blackhawk .44 mag would be alarming. When I can get away with wearing heavy clothing I go with my Smith TSW9.

It just depends I guess.

Leave a comment:

• beebopcop
    replied
    Originally posted by TheLastMountainMan View Post
    The Judge is a good idea, but from my personal experiance with it, that it is ammo spacific. what I mean is that unless you buy Federals ammo designed for that gun, being made to handle .45 long colt ammo, the bore is slightly to big for the .410, and the .410 expands and jams the cylinder. Happened several times. The only way to get the round out was to punch it out. If they made one just for .410 ammo I would be interested. JMO
    Had the same experience with the one I bought... and sold quickly. The .45 long colt ammo performs very poorly in it.
    I carry one of two 1911's, a Taurus PT1911 or a Springfield Micro Compact. Sometimes I will throw a .22 or .38 Darringer in my pocket.
    bbc

Leave a comment:

• Uncon214
    replied
    Either Kahr CW9 or PM9, KelTec (yes, KelTec... I know some people hate 'em but I'm not of that variety) PF9 or P3AT or P32 for that matter, GLOCK 19 or 26, MAYBE the Sig 228/229 definitely their 239.

Sue me, I like 9 mil.

Personally, being a big guy is a great thing because I carry my GLOCK 17 and no one knows it's there that doesn't know me, because those that do know me know that I have my CCW Permit... AND I CHOOSE TO USE IT!!! And most people I know have been to my residence so they've seen where it hides when I put it on or take it off.

Keep your feet wet and powder dry.
    Last edited by Uncon214; 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: Left out my personal carry piece... oopsie

Leave a comment:

• Dracos
    replied
    Having too many guns would be like being too healthy or too wealthy. Hunting season starts here in a couple weeks. I will be sleeping in a tent. There are bear here, both kinds, and wolves are going through a population explosion. Don't forget Mr.Couger. A rifle is not all that handy in a one man tent. So I also take a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum with 300 gr. hard cast bullets. Yes its big and heavy, but if I wake up to being chewed on I will be thankful for every ounce.

Leave a comment:

• hudson69
    replied
    Look before you buy

I have too many guns (if that is possible) and I am constantly switching out one for another. I have an original P89 (sent back due to recall, and now stampted MKII) and it is a great gun, it has never failed me. It is my BUG gun and sits in the safe with its three mags full of XST(s).

For a concealed carry I would go with something small but that is me, I am on the skinny side and anything I wear for concealment has to take that into consideration; bigger people can get away with bigger guns easier.

I have a Taurus .357 mag snub nose with a bobbed hammer that I like, with it goes a speed strip of six more rounds. I have an XD sub-compact 9mm, I have a SCCY 9mm with a clip draw, I have a S&W TSW9 (yes I have a lot of 9's) and have had a S.A. 1911 in .45.

These are all guns, outside of the Taurus, I have shot before purchasing and were managable or down right comfortable to shoot for their size (I practice with .38 Spec's with the snub, .357 hurts after 50+ rounds). I dont use the TSW9 unless it is cold out because it is too big to really conceal outside of wearing a jacket or larger.

Determine what you like to shoot and then make sure you still like it in a compact form. Shoot as many compact peices as you can and then settle on the one you want. When price is a factor save up and dont "jump the gun" and get the one you like, performs well and functions in a concealment necessary setting.

Just my .02

Leave a comment:

• cwconnertx
    replied
    Originally posted by doucmpuppiespn View Post
    What would you suggest for ladies CC? I already have a Bersa 380, but thinking about getting S&W 38 Airweight hammerless.
    I often carry a S&W airweight 442. (Heller edition to support the cause)

I do sometimes wish I would have gone with the S&W 340 for the ability to use 357 ammo.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X