No announcement yet.

Best all around concealed weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When talking about the Judge, I wonder how much it opens up at 12 to 15 feet. I don't have experience with one but would think it would not open up enough in that range to compensate for poor aiming. Also there are not many pellots of buck in a .410 but I would think it would make a very good snake gun. I would like to get my hands on one and do a little testing before I pass judgement(no pun intended lol)
    Mike

Comment

I really like my Ruger LCP .380. With a soft case its just like carrying a second wallet.

Comment

bersa 9 mm firestorm absolutely love it so far
        the pack that plays together stays together

Comment

i also picked up a Ruger LCP .380 Hardly know you even have it on you.

Comment

What would you suggest for ladies CC? I already have a Bersa 380, but thinking about getting S&W 38 Airweight hammerless.

Comment

Ladies actualy preffer the beutified guns, a Lady Smith or simular as they have no control parts like safetys, mag releases and slide locks.
              The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

The Judge is a good idea, but from my personal experiance with it, that it is ammo spacific. what I mean is that unless you buy Federals ammo designed for that gun, being made to handle .45 long colt ammo, the bore is slightly to big for the .410, and the .410 expands and jams the cylinder. Happened several times. The only way to get the round out was to punch it out. If they made one just for .410 ammo I would be interested. JMO
                G.I.H.S.O. Going In Hot, Safety Off.

Comment

Originally posted by doucmpuppiespn View Post
                  What would you suggest for ladies CC? I already have a Bersa 380, but thinking about getting S&W 38 Airweight hammerless.
                  I often carry a S&W airweight 442. (Heller edition to support the cause)

I do sometimes wish I would have gone with the S&W 340 for the ability to use 357 ammo.
                  My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

Comment

Look before you buy

I have too many guns (if that is possible) and I am constantly switching out one for another. I have an original P89 (sent back due to recall, and now stampted MKII) and it is a great gun, it has never failed me. It is my BUG gun and sits in the safe with its three mags full of XST(s).

For a concealed carry I would go with something small but that is me, I am on the skinny side and anything I wear for concealment has to take that into consideration; bigger people can get away with bigger guns easier.

I have a Taurus .357 mag snub nose with a bobbed hammer that I like, with it goes a speed strip of six more rounds. I have an XD sub-compact 9mm, I have a SCCY 9mm with a clip draw, I have a S&W TSW9 (yes I have a lot of 9's) and have had a S.A. 1911 in .45.

These are all guns, outside of the Taurus, I have shot before purchasing and were managable or down right comfortable to shoot for their size (I practice with .38 Spec's with the snub, .357 hurts after 50+ rounds). I dont use the TSW9 unless it is cold out because it is too big to really conceal outside of wearing a jacket or larger.

Determine what you like to shoot and then make sure you still like it in a compact form. Shoot as many compact peices as you can and then settle on the one you want. When price is a factor save up and dont "jump the gun" and get the one you like, performs well and functions in a concealment necessary setting.

Just my .02

Comment

Having too many guns would be like being too healthy or too wealthy. Hunting season starts here in a couple weeks. I will be sleeping in a tent. There are bear here, both kinds, and wolves are going through a population explosion. Don't forget Mr.Couger. A rifle is not all that handy in a one man tent. So I also take a Ruger Redhawk in 44 magnum with 300 gr. hard cast bullets. Yes its big and heavy, but if I wake up to being chewed on I will be thankful for every ounce.
                      Those who would trade freedom for security will end up with neither.

Comment

Either Kahr CW9 or PM9, KelTec (yes, KelTec... I know some people hate 'em but I'm not of that variety) PF9 or P3AT or P32 for that matter, GLOCK 19 or 26, MAYBE the Sig 228/229 definitely their 239.

Sue me, I like 9 mil.

Personally, being a big guy is a great thing because I carry my GLOCK 17 and no one knows it's there that doesn't know me, because those that do know me know that I have my CCW Permit... AND I CHOOSE TO USE IT!!! And most people I know have been to my residence so they've seen where it hides when I put it on or take it off.

Keep your feet wet and powder dry.
                        Last edited by Uncon214; 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM. Reason: Left out my personal carry piece... oopsie

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastMountainMan View Post
                          The Judge is a good idea, but from my personal experiance with it, that it is ammo spacific. what I mean is that unless you buy Federals ammo designed for that gun, being made to handle .45 long colt ammo, the bore is slightly to big for the .410, and the .410 expands and jams the cylinder. Happened several times. The only way to get the round out was to punch it out. If they made one just for .410 ammo I would be interested. JMO
                          Had the same experience with the one I bought... and sold quickly. The .45 long colt ammo performs very poorly in it.
                          I carry one of two 1911's, a Taurus PT1911 or a Springfield Micro Compact. Sometimes I will throw a .22 or .38 Darringer in my pocket.
                          bbc
                          The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

CCW for myself?

I have a Phoenix Arms HP22 with a clip draw (though I do have an ankle holster and a belt slide holster for it as well. This is for formal events that would look bad if it became obvious I was carrying, summer in shorts, when I go running and similar situations. I have a Taurus snub revolver in .357magnum for other times when; like when I am fishing or camping, hiking and it is not far enough off the beaten path that my Blackhawk .44 mag would be alarming. When I can get away with wearing heavy clothing I go with my Smith TSW9.

It just depends I guess.

Comment

Depending on what I am wearing, I alternate between a Glock 34 and a Glock 19. Both have Ameriglo Operator night sights, 3.5 lb trigger connector, and extended controls are same on both weapons. I carry two spare full capacity magazines on my weak side, AND I back it up with my Charter Arms Undercover on my ankle

Comment

ccw

i carry g27 40. love it very accurate and with the carbon ammo its a sure bet it will solve bad situations hans down or i carry my 1911 45 carbon ammo best money can buy:cool:

Comment

Working...
                                X