No announcement yet.

Best all around concealed weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my personal favorite, it is a little hard to draw in a hurry though.
    ~Lyon~

Comment

My everyday carry is usually a Walther P99 in .40. But sometimes I carry others too, just depends on my mood and which one I happen to grab out of the safe. Consistently though, its usually the Walther P99, Sig P239 or Colt Combat Commander 1911
      Wolverines!!!:D

Comment

I carry a XD40

Comment

XD40 when there's enough clothing to conceal it. An LCP when it's warm outside or i'm dressed for business.

Comment

Re CCW

Hi folks, well, those of you who live in states where you have open carry and concealed and carry laws, I envy you. I only wish that our leprechaun of a governor (Jim Doyle) would stop punishing the law abiding citizens here in Wi. for the sins of the criminals around here who prey on unsuspecting others; who unable to defend themselves, are not allowed the luxury of having a CCW law. There are so many statistics from many states that do have this law, to back up the good comman sense that comes from having this available to good law abiding citizens. So in any event, like I said, I envy those of you who are able to carry concealed weapons. Perhaps one day we too here in Wi. will be able to carry, but then again, I am not going to hold my breath on that one. For my pistol, that I am not allowed to carry concealed; I have a Taurus Tracker with the 4.5 inch barrel, silver colored finish, which comes factory ported, .45 cal., having the pacmayr grips. While I do not have any experience with shooting anyone, from everything I read before buying this pistol, the Consensus is that this calibur will do the job quite nicely even if someone is under the heavy influence of serious drugs or stimulants. For me, the absolute ability to protect myself and my family was my consideration in selecting this particular model. And then, my other home defense weapon that I really have fondness for is a Benelli Super Nova Tactical 12 guage pump; with the pistol grip, the 18.5 inch barrel, it also has the ghost ring sights on the reciever (you can buy models that do not have the ghost ring sights, having no rear sights whatsover) It comes in the black Synthetic finish and stock. So it is a keeper for home defense I think. Plus there is that sound which every criminal knows all too well; the wracking of a pump shotgun!...lol I think just that in and of it'sself is a definate deterrent to anyone who should decide to break into your home...lol I am not a criminal, but wow, if I were, and broke into someone's house and heard that, I would run like he**...lol Ok, thats all I have..
            :D

Comment

Cell Pal

You guys seen these? I picked up one at the Greenville gunshow last weekend. Pretty universal. Been breaking it in and plan to "try it out" starting this weekend. Watch the video.

http://universalholsters.com/universalholster.html
              JUST CURIOUS? PRUNES ARE DEHYDRATED PLUMS. SO WHERE DOES PRUNE JUICE COME FROM?

Comment

Their other product...grip pal...

it will get some one in a whole lot of trouble because it looks like a wallet and you can fire through it. I recall reading something back in the 90s that the ABC boys did not like it. Earlier versions were banned.

Comment

I carry a .32cal CZ.
                  I know it shoots a small round, but when I go to the range and shoot, I put the target 2/3 the way down range and aim for the 3 point region at the top of a torso target(head), making sure all break the paper in the black.

With anything less than a .45 I figure I had better aim small, miss small since I have read more than a few articles where the purp was shot with a 9 or 40 and shot back injuring, and killing the officer in one instance.

Comment

Oh Well, just call me old school, make mine a 1911, 45acp or 10mm depending on my mood!

Comment

I have a hard time hiding a big gun on me, esp in the summer.
                      More power (pun intended) to ya if you can get away with it.
                      Might help if I spent money on a quality concealed holster tho.

So ok, if I step up from the 32, next is 7.62x25, fun to shoot but not a dead on shooter. Hmm that leaves me with a 7 inch .22, or a 9inch 44Mag from ruger.
                      I just cant see me trying to hide a 9inch revolver on me, although it really paints a funny picture.

Comment

I carry one of these three: .25 acp; .38; 9mm. Depends on what I am wearing. On open carry I have a .45 that does just fine.

Comment

There is no "best" that fits everyone. I like the Ruger SP 101 in 357.
                          Those who would trade freedom for security will end up with neither.

Comment

sw.44mag works fine.and they wont get back up on you to shoot!

Comment

Personal Protection Choices

I have had a Desert eagle in 44mag and it was very bulky, also have had a AMT longslide 45.. again to bulky....nice gun though! Had the 92 9mm and just wasn't impressed with the guns performance. I've settled on a Bersa 380 a PPK knockoff. I use Hydro shock rounds in it. This 380 is my backup gun. Finally I've chosen the Taurus 24/7 OSS 5.25 inch barrel in 45 cal, Great balance, great round, some nice features, Like 12 rnd mags! A little indicator shows you whether you have a round in the chamber, adj. sites, no hammer, you receive a visual indictor as to whether the gun is cocked as well. Finally, the exclusive Single/Double Action trigger system. If you are looking check out the Taurus 24/7-OSS Serires.
                              Waitnc

Comment

http://www.concealedhandguncarry.com/10.html
                                Hey guys,
                                here is a great carry for your concealed weapon too, I have personally met this man and am wanting to get a couple of these holsters as they do a great job of staying in place.
                                I wanted to buy one when I was at his place, just didnt have the money tho, even tho he offered me a huge discount because I did some work for his Family.

Comment

Working...
                                X