S&W Shield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&W Shield

Anyone by chance have an S&W Shield in .40S&W? I'm looking at buying one for concealed carry (mainly ankle) and was wondering what impressions owners have and if anyone has had issues or annoyances or highlights to share.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

I have it in 9MM. It is my EDC. It was love at first hold. It fits my hand perfectly. I have put about 250 rounds through it with a combination of ball and hollow points and have never had a issue. It is accurate right out of the box. I carry mine in a Bianchi IWB leather holster and I hardly notice it is there. I looked at the .40 but went with the 9 because in a total collapse, 9mm will be a lot more plentiful than .40. Wound pattern with a 9mm vs a .40 is almost the same.
    Anyone that would give up freedom for security, deserves neither. ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Thanks Gravity.

I've currently got guns in both calibers but tend to prefer the .40 (when not carrying .45). But I get what your saying as to 9 being plentiful in a total collapse. But there are a lot of police agencies carrying .40 now days over 9mm so in my mind I think that adds quite a bit to the potential availability of it.

How many rounds does it hold in 9?
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

I have many handguns in my arsenal. I yet have a S&W Shield .40. I did look up the weapon, and some interesting post about te weapon. We are all aware of the obvious YouTube posting's and their validity. I would have to lean towards those whom gave rave reviews, as S&W have made high quality products for many years. I carry on a daily basis a S&W SD9VE 9mm, and a Sig Sauer P229 .40 with inter changeable barrel to a .357. The S&W is light and carries a 15 round clip. The Sig is quite heavy compared to the S&W 9mm.

Comment

It holds 8 in the mag and one it the pipe. I shouldn't need more than three per bad guy so I am good for up to 3 bad people before having to reload. LOL

Originally posted by CountryGuy View Post
          Thanks Gravity.

I've currently got guns in both calibers but tend to prefer the .40 (when not carrying .45). But I get what your saying as to 9 being plentiful in a total collapse. But there are a lot of police agencies carrying .40 now days over 9mm so in my mind I think that adds quite a bit to the potential availability of it.

How many rounds does it hold in 9?
          Anyone that would give up freedom for security, deserves neither. ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

I don't have the S&W Shield, but I do have the S&W M&P compact in .40. It took a little getting used to, but I have been very pleased with it. It has a good feel. With a 10 capacity mag which extends the grip it gives a little more purchase for my hand. It was very accurate right our of the box.

A .40 on that small a frame gave it a little kick which took some getting used to, but you adjust pretty quickly. I don't know the difference between the M&P and the Shield, but I would recommend it. I do not carry it in a holster. I use either a man-purse or the Maxpedition.
            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

I have the shield in a .40 have about 500 rds through it ,had to send t back to S&W for a repair it was failing to return to battery so sent it in ,they completely rebuilt top to bottom no charge and I m happy so far .,I shoot 9mm,10mm, 45 acp 40 never did mind the recoil,get a grip and hang on

Comment

I have a Shield in 9 mm and one in .45 caliber too. I like both pistols and use them for concealed carry on occasions. They shoot well and are comfortable to grip when aiming and shooting. The .45 came out of the S&W Performance Center and is ported so it is a sweetheart to shoot and has high visability sights. The grip on the .45 is also stippled which makes it easier to hold. I often suggest people look at Shields for possible ownership if they're looking for a decent pistol.

Comment

Working...
                X