Ammo shelf live???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo shelf live???

Somebody told me today they (The Government) are thinking about adding something to ammo that would give it a shelf life of less than 10 years…Has anyone heard this, if so was it a reliable source?

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHEF1.gif
Views:	417
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	191604I know I have ammo that goes back to world war two, it has a corrosive primer but shoots fine….
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't heard anything from my sources, but I will keep my ear to the ground Chef.
    THE PERSON CONTROLLING YOUR FUTURE IS LOOKING AT YOU IN THE MIRROR - CARPE DIEM

Comment

I have heard the same rumor, but I have not been able to confirm it.

Comment

I have read this before, but I have heard almost every time that it is one of these conspiracy reports. I do not believe it and am not overly concerned. Our government is a large stockpiler of ammo and would not want their own stock going bad. I have purchased over the years much military surplus ammo dating back decades. I have also purchased military surplus of military manufacture. Even with the power our Federal Government think it has over the world now, I do not believe they have that kind of power over world manufacture of ammunition.

Will
        CITIZEN by BIRTH
        AMERICAN by CHOICE
        NRA PATRON MEMBER by NECESSITY

Comment

Never happen with most ammo made overseas now. What type of chemical would react to the 4 basic parts of gunpowder waiting for 10 years before starting? None that I know of. I asked my brother this question He is a chemists who stated it cannot be done.

There is things that they can add to the mix so that the law enforcement can tell who manufactured the powder all the way down to lot number.

Comment

I hope not but it has got me thinking about reloading again.
            NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Originally posted by RICHFL View Post
              Never happen with most ammo made overseas now. What type of chemical would react to the 4 basic parts of gunpowder waiting for 10 years before starting? None that I know of. I asked my brother this question He is a chemists who stated it cannot be done.

There is things that they can add to the mix so that the law enforcement can tell who manufactured the powder all the way down to lot number.
              Iwas told it would be some type of salt?
              "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

The gvmnt has thrown out so much disinformation for public consumption it's a wonder our heads haven't exploded .... if ten years is the limit it needs to be used pronto.

O.W.
                Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Maybe plans to manipulate the manufacture of primers? Coroding primers?
                  There are no emergencies for those who are truly prepared.

Comment

Do you not understand the words;

CAN NOT BE DONE?

Comment

Originally posted by Mortblanc View Post
                      Do you not understand the words;

CAN NOT BE DONE?
                      Orville and Wilbur were told that it can not be done.
                      Magellan was told that it can not be done.
                      The list goes on about folks that were told it can not be done.

There are folks out there who take the words "It can not be done" as a challenge.

Hell I've done things, just because I was told "it can not be done"

IT CAN BE DONE

Comment

Originally posted by Big Guy View Post
                        Orville and Wilbur were told that it can not be done.
                        Magellan was told that it can not be done.
                        The list goes on about folks that were told it can not be done.

There are folks out there who take the words "It can not be done" as a challenge.

Hell I've done things, just because I was told "it can not be done"

IT CAN BE DONE

I have some magic beans and an anti-EMP blanket for sale.

Intersted?

Comment

The current formula of smokeless gunpowder can not be made to expire.

But there is nothing to say a new formula can't be invented with nanotechnology that can be programmed to render the powder harmless after a set period, or better yet, remotely triggered on demand to self-degrade to a harmless state instantly.

Wouldn't that be all the justification they need. The police respond to a shooting. Point their "ray beam" at the shooter, rendering the ammunition useless. Shooting over.
                          If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHEF1.gif
Views:	417
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	186843I recently ordered some ammo from the sports man’s guide ….most of it was on back order.
                            They can’t keep it in stock?

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Chefsimms View Post
                              Somebody told me today they (The Government) are thinking about adding something to ammo that would give it a shelf life of less than 10 years…Has anyone heard this, if so was it a reliable source?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6791[/ATTACH]I know I have ammo that goes back to world war two, it has a corrosive primer but shoots fine….

I heard the same thing at a family Christmas Eve get-together but the time line was 2 years. The person who told me is reliable but he heard it also so the source may not be reliable either. With advances in technology it would not surprise me that this could happen, AND, the government/military could get ammo ordered in large quanities where the manufacturer could make millions of rounds for them "without" the ingredient to make ammo inert. With this in mind as a reloader, I suspect I will be buying an extra pound of powder for the rifles and one for the handgun rounds. If future ammo become duds I can pull the bullets, remove the inert powder and reload with the real stuff. If we all prepare there is little to worry about, I think.......................

Comment

Working...
                              X