No announcement yet.

Home made AR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shorter barrels are still legal, if they have a "permanently attached" flashhider, making the OAL 16" or longer. Most such hiders are welded onto the barrels. A few, back in the day, were pinned and silver-soldered. The weld is so perfect that you'd swear that the barrel and hider are made of a single piece of steel, by looking at them.

Comment

Midway USA has the parts for 49.95

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadnailer View Post
        Midway USA has the parts for 49.95
        You might want to check that add again. It may say lower kit, or something similar. I build a "few" AR's and never got that mailer or e-mail from Midway. SURE would like to though! That be a $1000.00 well spent. LOL! :)

Dale
        Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

I have built five AR's now from 80% lowers....they all run 100% and just got my SBR Stamp back from ATF, built a 10.5 inch 5.56 and it turned out so well gonna do a 7.5 inch version.....only way to build......old thread I know, but I have been busy and have not posted much....

Comment

I am quite concerned with the current positioning regarding gun control and seizure of legally purchased weapons by law abiding citizens. Seeking advise to build an unregistered AR15 - want to purchase quality legal components as assembled as possible.

Comment

I use Tactical Machining 80% lowers, I also use there Jig.....a Good drill press and a Dremel tool is all you need IF you follow the steps and take your time. It will seem daunting at first, but patience is the Key.....You can buy a complete upper or assemble your own ( very easy to build a Upper ) buy a Lower & Jig ....Lower parts kit and your choice of stock...Youtube has 100's of videos on building them....well worth the time and effort....

Comment

Working...
              X