loading mags with a stripper clip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loading mags with a stripper clip

Alright folks I need to be schooled on stripper clips and speed loading mags. Is there any difference in quality of clips vs price? Do you need the guide to load with them? is having stripper clips even necessary?

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
    Alright folks I need to be schooled on stripper clips and speed loading mags. Is there any difference in quality of clips vs price? Do you need the guide to load with them? is having stripper clips even necessary?
    Stripper clips are only a necessity if you plan on being in combat situations and having to quickly reload. If you can't extract yourself from the situation on a basic combat load, your in trouble. Personally I always carried double or more of a combat load, but that was in small unit operations.
    Combat load = 180 rounds for primary weapon

Dale
    Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

I thought myakka had posted this....all I saw was "loading mags with a stripper"...sorry, my bad...

Comment

Thanks for the info. I use them for my mosin just to have some at the ready. Didn't know I'd it would be a good idea or not

Comment

My son has it down to a science with his Bolshevik rifle! I can manage to slam the rounds in on a stripper about 2 out of 3 times. I have some physical limitations hampering me. Lets face it, if the sons of Russia could be taught how to do it, anybody can! Ha ha!

We buy ours straight from China in bulk!

- Buggy
          I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Most bolt action military rifles are reloaded via clip (M-1, 1903A3, Enfield, K-98, 91/30, M-44) because their magazine is internal to the weapon. I have both types of weapons. I use a specific speed loader for the 2 types of mags I use most often. One is for the Glock .40 pistol, and the other is for AR 5.56 NATO. It saves your fingers if you are loading a few mags at a time. I never use a clip on my AR with magazine installed to reload. It's just the way I am.

I would rather take the mag out and reload it round by round that way you will never have a misfire or jam in your weapon. It takes time and you will never do it in combat. I have never been in a combat situation where I was down to 1 full mag left. Never has happened to me. Not saying it cannot happen, just saying it has never happened to me. I expect I would reload a mag while someone else is covering my sector. If I carried loose rounds which I do not.They can make very loud noise banging about in a bag.

Comment

The SKS is loaded with a stripper clip also.
              "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

In short, no you don't need them.

With a little practice you can load your magazines almost as fast without them.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X