No announcement yet.

My SHTF weapon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I studied and taught sword fighting for a long time. And I love the movement, timing, and skills that it teaches.

The tv show revolution had everyone walking around with swords on, and I liked the romance of the idea.
    I sincerely doubt we will ever really see a time when there is no more firearms, but I also hope that folks still pass on skills with other stuff so that we have it to fall back on just in case.

After all, the thread is My shtf weapon right? So my shtf weapon (s) will include a blade or three. And when the villages are springing back up and folks are bartering their expertise to gain admission, maybe this fencing knowledge will be valued again.
    "Oh, America. I wish I could tell you that this was still America, but I've come to realize that you can't have a country without people. And there are no people here. No, my friends. This is now the United States of Zombieland"

"The constitution does not guarantee our safety, only our liberty!" Robert Steed before congress 3/2013

Skills Beats Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by myakka View Post
      I studied and taught sword fighting for a long time. And I love the movement, timing, and skills that it teaches.

The tv show revolution had everyone walking around with swords on, and I liked the romance of the idea.
      I sincerely doubt we will ever really see a time when there is no more firearms, but I also hope that folks still pass on skills with other stuff so that we have it to fall back on just in case.

After all, the thread is My shtf weapon right? So my shtf weapon (s) will include a blade or three. And when the villages are springing back up and folks are bartering their expertise to gain admission, maybe this fencing knowledge will be valued again.
      Great post Myakka. I learned how to use a sword many years ago while stationed overseas. Loved it. Had a sword made in Philippines but had to sell it years ago. In a SHTF situation, I think people may be using whatever weapon is easiest and closest at hand. We just get the opportunity through prepping to have a weapon of choice, not opportunity.

Dale
      Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Working...
      X