No announcement yet.

New or Potential AR Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a friend of mine works at SIG arms up here in New Hamp. he said he can get me their style ar15 for about $675 his price he says there a pretty good weapon and he knows what's in them and how they're made I'm saving to get one now I'll POST WHEN I GET IT AND GET TO TRY It OUT

Comment

If you can get a M400 for that price I'd jump all over it. If its a 516 I'd throw your buddy in the truck and drive him there now...
      I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Comment

Originally posted by bambam55 View Post
        a friend of mine works at SIG arms up here in New Hamp. he said he can get me their style ar15 for about $675 his price he says there a pretty good weapon and he knows what's in them and how they're made I'm saving to get one now I'll POST WHEN I GET IT AND GET TO TRY It OUT
        Ummm and you're waiting why???

Comment

I recently became the new owner of a mid-length heavy barrel AR as the result of a gun trade. I'll just call it a parts gun and not custom built since I doubt the builder was fussy enough to call it custom. But its a really nice build and I'm satisfied with it. I have the list of parts used and they total $850 worth. I have yet to put it on paper, but test firing showed that it functions as intended. I owned a Colt heavy-barrel AR years ago and was dismayed to find that the "heavy" barrel thinned down beneath the forearm. Not the case with this one. There is a large glut of ARs out there currently and I've seen them selling new locally for $599 out the door. Can't vouch for the quality since there are now so many manufacturers churning them out.

Comment

Currently at the NRA Show in Nashville, it is amazing how many new things are out here to examine.
            Distinguished Rifleman High Power , Distinguished Rifleman Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), Palma Teams Member (2), Dewar Teams Member (2), Member 4 Man National Championship Smallbore AnySight Team, Certified Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Proving Ground , Eagle Scout, AC4HT, NRA Benefactor Member, Firefighter I, Shriner

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Hummer View Post
              Currently at the NRA Show in Nashville, it is amazing how many new things are out here to examine.
              Looking forward to your report / review.

O.W.
              Things are seldom what they seem.

Comment

Man what a wealth of information! Well I was issued an M-16A1 an early variant but the DI bragged the jamming issues were solved it had a chrome where it counted etc etc. I hated it. I had dreamed of being issued an M-14, but a dream is all it was. Everyone called it a toy, it was super light which didn't make any difference because of the superb physical shape and age I could not imagine how a few ounces more of the M14 would be a problem. Anyway fast forward to two years ago. I was at the local gun show looking for another AK style firearm. Feeling nostalgic, however I purchased a bushmaster dississaptor for its length and in theory the cooling advantages. Around here in the mountains or even the jungle like flat land most shots are not over 75 meters or so. The question I have is the dissipator seems to have a bull or heavy barrel and something makes it a lot heavier than the M-16 colt I was issued (man I loved the full auto, no 3 round bursts for me). The thing is super accurate and with iron sights I can I can hit anything I can see, like a soda can at 100 yards. So am I wrong maybe my strength had tanked so much with age and my disability that the Dissispator just seems about twice as heavy as that colt-16 of years ago? I am more curious than anything since I do not hunt.

In any-case thanks in advance for this fine forum ~

Comment

Working...
                X