Stag Arms - Going out of Biz shut down by BATF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stag Arms - Going out of Biz shut down by BATF

Hey, I had not heard about tis till last night when I popped into one of my favorite gun shops on the drive home. BS'ing with the guys behind the counter and some others shopping and one guy mentioned about Stag being forced to shut down by the ATF. I hadn't heard this. I do recall them earlier in the year getting into some trouble over bad record keeping. Sounds like it's a lot more than that. the owner is trying to sell it to an equity firm but STAG owes the feds $500K in fines and owner owes $100K and he is never alloed to own any business that deals in or with Firearms. I see something mentioned where they had some unregistered full autos. So not sure if those might have been rejects from manufacturing that ended up full auto or if they were trying to be sneaky. Also supposedly over 200 rifles missing from the books and unaccounted for.

Here's a link to the article - "Connecticut U.S. Attorney Deirdre M. Daly said “This company did not just manufacture small firearms. They manufactured semi-automatic weapon, machine guns, assault weapons,” Daly said. “This is not an industry where sloppiness will be tolerated.” That last term, "assault weapon", is nothing but anti-gun dribble. Maybe a lot more of the gun manufacturers still in these massive anti gun states should really rethink their locations. I have a feeling this is how they'll get to these company's one at a time by stacking the courts against them and hammering them for even the tinyiest errors or mistakes. But at the same time, they should have known they're under a microscope and that they have to ensure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

I don't own a STAG but they always looked to be a nice weapon and I thought it was cool that they were the first and maybe only AR manufacturer to have left hand set up.
    Last edited by CountryGuy; 01-09-2016, 01:06 PM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you!

Another article... Guess being vocal and standing up for his company and product and the 2nd ammendmant came back to bite him. I'm sure this wouldn't have put him in the bullseye of the CT and Fed gov and the BATF...

Comment

Sounded like a bunch of BS to me. They used NFA to hang them on one machinegun not having a proper form 3. Misuse of power for a mistake.

Dale
      Judge no one, until you have walked in the same mud and spilt the same blood. Him, I call brother.

Comment

Well the owner was a huge voice of opposition after Sandy Hook so I think this was them getting even...

Comment

Working...
        X