Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buggyout
    replied
    Arsenal AKs are the bomb, I've had a few. My problem (Without reading the older posts, sorry if repeated) is the availability of ammo during SHTF. Unless of course you have an ammo fort now. :) Now, If I was in Russia, it wouldn't even be an issue - AK all the way!

-Buggy

Leave a comment:

• FlyBoy
    replied
    I have an Arsenal/ Siga SGL-21 and it is a great rifle. Very reliable (it's an Ak isn't it) and it is accurate also. I've added a Hogue grip, night sights and a different safety.

Leave a comment:

• hammer502
    replied
    i am also waiting on one of the stores to get another shipment of 40 rd mags for the 1911.i will pic up the 12ga.next weekend when i get back home.

Leave a comment:

• 75_stingray
    replied
    Jump all over it hammer, thats not really a bad price!

If you buy the 12, I'll put the money up that you won't loose a cent. :)

And yup, Obongo has a lot to do w/this.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by hammer502 View Post
    i have seen a big rise in prices in just the last few weeks.wasn't realy paying attention until nov.
    Wow!!! Yep. I guess the election has folks scared.

Leave a comment:

• hammer502
    replied
    i have seen a big rise in prices in just the last few weeks.wasn't realy paying attention until nov.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    I have not priced a Saiga 12 lately, but that seems a bit high to me. I may be wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• hammer502
    replied
    i found a few saiga 12 ga for sale here locally.they are ranging from 650 to 750.i will pick up a 12 and ak replica for the cost of an ar15,if one can be found that cheap.

Leave a comment:

• 75_stingray
    replied
    Whew,,,my firewall has been screwing up my photobucket for the last yr, but I finally got it working again.
    Here you go Rusty.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by 75_stingray View Post
    I know what you mean Rusty, I'm 6'1" @230lbs w/long arms. The 922 thing is a pain for sure, I count, recount, and count again just to make myself feel better. But having the right count is better than the alternative!

Have you picked up the Saiga-12 yet? If I can walk up on a deal I'd like to get one along w/a spiffy drum mag. I had a Saiga 410 but got rid of it like a dumbarsh.

The free image host that I'm using is free only up to 10mb of bandwidth, but I just upgraded and am waiting for it to kick in. As soon as it does I'll get you a pic of the conversion.

Been thinking real serious about the Saiga 410. I like the round, and I seem to recall a while back, I found a company selling 12 round mags for it. I cannot remember who, or where, but with a little research I am sure I can dig the info up again.

Leave a comment:

• 75_stingray
    replied
    I know what you mean Rusty, I'm 6'1" @230lbs w/long arms. The 922 thing is a pain for sure, I count, recount, and count again just to make myself feel better. But having the right count is better than the alternative!

Have you picked up the Saiga-12 yet? If I can walk up on a deal I'd like to get one along w/a spiffy drum mag. I had a Saiga 410 but got rid of it like a dumbarsh.

The free image host that I'm using is free only up to 10mb of bandwidth, but I just upgraded and am waiting for it to kick in. As soon as it does I'll get you a pic of the conversion.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    You phtoto did not come through. I like the traditional look of the AK and have often thought about converting it. The darn 922 compliance is a pain in the ass, and makes the project so friggin expensive. The other problem I have had with a traditional AK, is that I am 6' 01" 240 lbs. The traditional stock design is too short for me. The Saiga, as you know, is longer. I could imagine firing one of my traditional sized AK's with the combloc side mount. I seem to recall that the Saiga was made at the post-commie privatized Izhmash plant. That is if my memory serves me right.

Leave a comment:

• 75_stingray
    replied
    Hello Rusty, good looking Saiga. To have an authentic Russian AK variant made in the famous Izhmash factory can't be beat for the money. Izhevsk Mechanical Works (Russian: Ижевский Mашзавод) or IZhMASh (ИЖМАШ)

With a few mods I took two Saiga's, one 16" barrel and one 20" and converted them from sporting rifles back to something more my speed.

First I tore down the guns and using a 20ton shop press I pressed off the front site's and gas blocks. I slid on the retainers for traditional upper/lower foregrips and replaced the sites with AK-74 22mm threaded FSB's.

I then turned my attention to relocating the trigger groups forward and installing pistol grips. To bring my US made parts count up to par I used G2 trigger groups(3), US made gas piston(1), US made pistol grips(1) US made buttstocks(1) and US made muzzle brakes(1). To put my parts count over the top so to be no question I'm also using US made followers and floorplates in my mags for a total of 9 US made parts.

With a few hrs and some elbo grease this is what my Saiga's look like now.
    http://www.freepicturehosting.com/is...Saiga_001a.jpg
    Last edited by 75_stingray; 01-03-2009, 05:04 AM. Reason: trying to upload pic

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Will toss up some photos of my other hardware at a later time

Leave a comment:

• Diesel
    replied
    verrrrrrrrry nice :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X