Announcement

Collapse

Survival Warehouse

Please check out our Sponsor Survival Warehouse!

They are dedicated and devoted to providing the best Survival & Preparedness Gear available. They have been around for decades and really excel in the Long Term Food Storage Category.

Survival Warehouse - Offering the best deals and hard to find Survival Kits, Survival Gear, MRES, MRE Meals, Freeze Dried Camping Food, Bug out bags, Survival Gear, Gas masks and more. Be Prepared and ready for any emergency or disaster
See more
See less

Ammo Shelf Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just shot a 50 box of remington 45 auto circa 1942. only had 1 not go off.

Comment

Recently I have been using ammo that my dad had purchased well over 20 years ago. I have been using 12 gauge and .22 and I have not had a single miss fire occur. This ammo has just been moved around and put in all sorts of different places. It is extremely hard to tell if ammo has gone bad. but moisture is the #1 enemy, if kept dry it can last almost indefinitely.
      The government can only give to you what they take from you.

Comment

Now just remember if you do decide to shoot old ammo if you pull the trigger DO NOT eject the round right away and stay clear of the breach. Keep the gun pointed down range for at least 30 seconds. Then carefully extract the round and be safe about it.
        The government can only give to you what they take from you.

Comment

I've shot ammo over 5 years old with minor difficulty. Fresh ammo is better, so count me in with the rotators. It's a good excuse to get out and shoot and keep your skills up.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎