X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dalewick
    replied
    Myakka,

Have a young couple that started a sporting goods store locally. They have been denied a FFL for firearms (renting and don't own the store), but were told that they could sale all the ammo they wanted along with bows, arrows, exploding targets, muzzleloader black powder, etc.. Anything you can order on-line and have shipped straight to you (ammo, primers, powder, weapons parts, AR-15 kits, etc.) doesn't require a FFL. As for resale of ammo or anything else for that matter. Without a retail sales liscense and paying state taxes on your sales, is what will land you in jail for tax evasion. Have to prove then that it wasn't purchased with the intent of reselling the item. Not sure how they could enforce that at gun shows but wouldn't doubt that some IRS agents aren't working on it. LOL.

Dale

Leave a comment:

• rhode
    replied
    there is no answer, as I stated above. sorry, atf agents are the lowest of scumbags. I am not kidding or mistaken

Leave a comment:

• myakka
    replied
    At the very minimum common sense says there would be a point where you would need a business license, so doing this as a business is out, but when does hobby profiteer and business person cross paths?

Leave a comment:

• rhode
    replied
    ATF has always refused to give an answer to the question' at what point do I need a license', for guns or ammo. they want to be able to apply the law as they see fit, you see.

Leave a comment:

• myakka
    started a topic Legality of reselling ammo?

Legality of reselling ammo?

So I have repeated information that I had read that selling ammo for profit is illegal without a FFL.
    I have been challenged on this, and want to know if anyone knows the actual law on this?
    Thanks!
Working...
X