• Show
Clear All

• 84 Yr Old Sniper...... Great video

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHEF1.gif
Views:	417
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	191752

This gentleman can still fit in his WWII uniform.
    Don’t mess with old men....
    84 year old Sniper

Watch this guy.. remember, it's been about
    sixty years since he's done this.
    Click on link below.

http://www.wimp.com/veteransniper/

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chef,

Great video!!!
    You get older, but the skills are always there as long as the mind remains.
    I still remember the skills I was taught, including ballistics, kill radiuses, field craft, etc. And it's been 30 years since I've done much of it.
    It was a wonderful thing they did for him and a rememberance of whats been sacrificed for us.

Dale

Comment

How old are these videos?

If they are from this year the 86 year old sniper, born in 1929, would have been 15 years old at the end of the war! Hopefully it is an old recording.

We should also remember that EVERYONE in the military qualified at 500 yards using iron sights back then. What we consider "sniping" was what everyone carrying an M1 was capable of on a daily basis.

I have also talked with many vetrans of ww2 and Korea and their opinions were similar. They were nore restricted by the quality of their ammo than anything else. Match grade ammo issued to "snipers" was not capable of better than 2-3 inch groups at 100yds. Issue ammo would barely produce 6" groups. One fellow told me that in his two years in Korea he never saw anything but black tip AP surplus from WW2. All of it was corrosive and sometimes days went by between cleanings. Those bores went fast. and they were not as good as today's rifles from the start.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHEF1.gif
Views:	417
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	187216 I am not sure how old these videos are, one of my friends sent it to me in e-mail and I found it interesting… and wanted to share it.
        "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

THANKS Chef , I Remmber it on shooting U.S.A. how he got all chocked up,at the honor they bestoed on him and he on them, much R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
          Originally posted by Chefsimms View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]7629[/ATTACH]

This gentleman can still fit in his WWII uniform.
          Don’t mess with old men....
          84 year old Sniper

Watch this guy.. remember, it's been about
          sixty years since he's done this.
          Click on link below.

Comment

That's a pretty cool video and an amazing sniper.
            NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

He can be on my team anytime. that is great shooting for an 84 year old. He still has it.

Comment

Working...
              X