Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am thinking about getting a Henry rifle, Any comments would really be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thinking about getting a Henry rifle, Any comments would really be appreciated

Click image for larger version

Name:	CHEF1.gif
Views:	417
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	191589I am thinking about getting a Henry rifle, I was looking at the Golden Boy 22, or may-be just a regular 22…I don`t have very many 22s and love to shoot. At with the price of ammo, I thought it was time for a nice 22…

Any comments or concerns would really be appreciated
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henry makes a nice firearm. Some parts are even made in my hometown. But other than for nostalgic reasons why a Henry?

A Ruger 10/22 would be a better self-defense firearm, and I suspect there are many more options available for a Ruger than a Henry.
    If it was man made it can be man re-made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
      Henry makes a nice firearm. Some parts are even made in my hometown. But other than for nostalgic reasons why a Henry?

A Ruger 10/22 would be a better self-defense firearm, and I suspect there are many more options available for a Ruger than a Henry.
      I have just been fond of lever action rifles, and the way they look. (I guess it’s the cowboy in me) I have plenty of rifles and hand guns for self-defense. Just looking for something to shoot at targets, cans etc…
      "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato

That Government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.

— Thomas Jefferson

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.

— Abraham Lincoln

I was so embarrassed today. I got caught peeing in the pool. When the lifeguard yelled at me I jumped and damn near fell in.

Comment

I was the Shooting Sports Instructor for the local 4H for a while and one of the boys has a Henry 22.
        The qualiyty of workmanship, the feel at the shoulder, everything about the rifle was just...wow!

Mi opinion, get it. I will when I get the chance.

my $.02

D

Comment

A friend of mine has a golden boy and the AR-7 by Henery and both are relly good quaility no problems with either I like the way the goldenboy felt and it shouldered real nice.
          NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

I can under stand wanting a Henry lever action just because you want one. Thevery fist time I saw John Wayne with one of those I told myself I had to have one one day

Comment

Heck I am debating on getting a Henry Big Boy in 45 Colt. They are just build so well its hard to say no lol.

Comment

Can't go wrong with AMERICAN MADE firearms!

Ruger, Sig Sauer, Charter Arms, Smith & Wesson, Remington...............good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by hawkcrewchief View Post
                  Heck I am debating on getting a Henry Big Boy in 45 Colt. They are just build so well its hard to say no lol.
                  If I were to get another lever gun THIS would be my choice!!!!

- Buggy
                  I'm not a fatalist. I'm a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by Buggyout View Post
                    If I were to get another lever gun THIS would be my choice!!!!

- Buggy
                    I like the lever action…I have a Marlin 336 (1954) 30/30 that I like real well…
                    I appreciate everyone’s comments on this…

— Thomas Jefferson

— Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by patriot_flamethrower View Post
                      can't go wrong with american made firearms!

Ruger, sig sauer, charter arms, smith & wesson, remington...............good stuff!
                      the henry is american made!

Comment

I used to have a Henry Golden Boy. I found the buckhorn sights made it hard to line up left to right because they have a very wide notch in the rear sight. The ejector is also weak. If you hold the rifle with the ejection port facing up and try to eject a spent cartridge it simply falls right into the action. The octagon barrel makes it feel unbalanced also.
                        I do own a Henry in the standard lever action and like that much better. It also has a weak ejector though.
                        SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

Comment

I have also been considering a Henry. I have a Winchester Lever action 30-30 that my father passed down to me. I think they make good brush guns due the shorted length. I only have a peep sight on mine. " Henry Golden Boy...hmmm...where's that never ending Christmas list? "

Comment

Chef: A Henry 22 is on my Christmas list as well. I too love the lever actions, and a 22 is one my wife could shoot. Affordable for both the gun and the ammo. Good Choice.
                            The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is you are stupid, and make bad decisions.

Comment

Does anybody have a price on the 22 GBOY,I saw one for 400.00 new real nice wood.

Comment

Working...
                              X