Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
    yeah i'm about to buy some of that over priced thunderbolt stuff too
    I guess they have to charge those prices to pay for the escalators and supernice decoartions in the store.:(
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" while picking up a big stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
      yeah i'm about to buy some of that over priced thunderbolt stuff too
      ok so I had a whole post here that just crashed... I'll make this one short...

I just got back from the local Wally World... they had plenty of ammo... I stocked up on another three bricks of .22... they had rem, fed, and win as well as a whole assortment of the cci 50 round boxes... I picked up a few more boxes of .223 (rem $9.47 a box) I got some .410... slugs and a variety of shot... 20ga slugs and shot... they didn't have any .357... and I didn't need any .45... they had plenty of 9mm... so maybe you guys are just buying it faster than they can stock it or something. Just figured I'd pop in and give a report from up here oh and just so you all know... there's another freaking ice storm going on right now! oh well... it is Winter!

CYA

Rick in NH

Comment

Down here they are just not getting any in. The guy at one told me that he hadn't received a shipment of any ammo or rifles since Thanksgiving. It might be that the distribution center your local store gets shipments from is better managed that the one our stores use. There has to be some reason for the disparity.

Comment

I was out in West Tx, Ft Stockton, the past few days, and stopped in the Walmart. They are fully stocked with ammo. Here on the coast, shelves are still empty. Report from Phoenix, still empty as well.
          "Lighthouses are more helpful than churches" Franklin

Comment

The US just sent Israel 3,000 TONS of Ammo today... guess that could explain some of the shortages... and the bill HR1022 is up for the 111th congress to PASS virtually uncontested on the 15th of this month...slipped in with a homeland defense bill or some other garbage...

Buy the ammo you can find now... no .380's or 32 rounds to be found anywhere in hickory other than the Longview Pawn and Gun, up in Longview.

Comment

still no ammo or guns at our walmart
              WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

I finally cleaned out our WM today of 9mm.......
                "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

I was at the Bass pro Shop at Myrtle Beach today and they had plenty of ammo. 22lr 500 rds were $20.00. 9mm were $11.00 box of 50. No deals but plenty of it

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Defender View Post
                    I was at the Bass pro Shop at Myrtle Beach today and they had plenty of ammo. 22lr 500 rds were $20.00. 9mm were $11.00 box of 50. No deals but plenty of it

You can get all you want from Dicks but you will pay dearly for it compared to WM.

p.s. I think they named their store appropriately judging by the attitude of their sales people.

Comment

Originally posted by flight or fight View Post
                      You can get all you want from Dicks but you will pay dearly for it compared to WM.

p.s. I think they named their store appropriately judging by the attitude of their sales people.
                      Same thing here locally...Mossy Oak Outfitters has ammo up the whazzoo, but instead of $11.85/box of 50 - 9mm, it's $19.99.....but the staff is cool....
                      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                        Same thing here locally...Mossy Oak Outfitters has ammo up the whazzoo, but instead of $11.85/box of 50 - 9mm, it's $19.99.....but the staff is cool....

I about went ballistic today at the gun show over the ammo prices. A 50 round box of no brand 9mm was going for $15 and Remington was $17.99. The Winchester HPs were $40.00 a box. Thank goodness i bought up several boxes of Black Talons before they stopped selling the to the public.
                        Last edited by flight or fight; 01-10-2009, 03:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by flight or fight View Post

I went into a Dick's up here to look for some Federal 308B (180gr sp) for hunting one time and found they didn't have any .308... at all! I asked the "Sporting goods manager" (about 18-20 years old) if they had any on order or if they were going to get any in soon ... or if they even carried the 308B (it's what my rifles like best) He said they could sepcial order .308 if I wanted. Huh? He said that because it's not a very good deer cartridge and not very popular they decided to not carry it... he told me that deer hunters prefer something a bigger and more powerful. So I had to ask him.... "What do you carry for a deer rifle and a sidearm?" Answer... oh I'm not a hunter ... I don't believe in it... so I don't have a gun." "Ummm yea.... ok so can you order me about 500 rounds of federal 308B please? My name... Bill Smith... I'll come back in a couple of weeks to pick it up." I've never been back... but hopefully some of the hunters I know who may have gone in looking for the underpowered and unpopular .308 at least had a chance to pick some up!

ok so I'm an a$$-hole... I knew that already and I'm fully willing to admit it.

Rick in NH

Comment

HA HA HA!!! Niiiiiice!!! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
                              HA HA HA!!! Niiiiiice!!! ;)
                              Gun show in Midland next weekend. I will be going Simian Scat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
                                Gun show in Midland next weekend. I will be going Simian Scat.
                                Go ape sh*t for me, Bud...next decent show here is a few months off....

Comment

Working...
                                X