Nagant y Vous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nagant y Vous?

I went out with some of my newly aquired Christmas cash today. I found this little beauty at a Hock shop in Midland. Normally these are beat all to heck, but I do not think this has ever been fired. It also has a decent hammer and sickle on the receiver, that is actually readable and has the 1948 date mark that is also readable. Note the conditon of everything including a rather peculiar tiger striped oak stock. Never seen one like this. Also not the condition of the bolt. Usually something this clean would rais suspicions that it was pieced together. However, all serial numbers match. Very odd. There are two flaws, of which I was glad to point out to the clerk. The bolt handle has some discoloration (a dremmel and a buffing disk will fix that) and both barrel bands are extremely corroded and pitted. I suspect these were put on later. Anything that corroded could not have been on the wood for very long, and the wood is the original as near as I can tell.

After negotiating with the complete neophyte at the the counter I got this for $100.00 out the door. Of course I had to explain to her that she was not going to get my Social Security Number (this is OPTIONAL) on the yellow form, and that yes my legal midle name is "D" and then had to explain to her that this is not a 30-06, or a 308 is is 7.62 x 54R. She said she did not have enough room to write that on the form, so left it blank (its her butt if the ATF comes in on them) I feel I got a good deal.

Cool....you got a relic for Xmas, too!
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

I own 4 of these now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
        I own 4 of these now.
        Now I know where the armory is when TSHTF.....;)
        "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
          Now I know where the armory is when TSHTF.....;)
          I am not firearms poor.

Comment

susprisingly good polish and blue job!
            The road to serfdom is paved with free electric golf carts.

Comment

Originally posted by kenno View Post
              susprisingly good polish and blue job!

Thanks, considering many of these from the factory were crappy. Getting some extras for it now online.

Comment

I went out with some of my newly aquired Christmas cash today. I found this little beauty at a Hock shop in Midland. Normally these are beat all to heck, but I do not think this has ever been fired. It also has a decent hammer and sickle on the receiver, that is actually readable and has the 1948 date mark that is also readable. Note the conditon of everything including a rather peculiar tiger striped oak stock. Never seen one like this. Also not the condition of the bolt. Usually something this clean would rais suspicions that it was pieced together. However, all serial numbers match. Very odd. There are two flaws, of which I was glad to point out to the clerk. The bolt handle has some discoloration (a dremmel and a buffing disk will fix that) and both barrel bands are extremely corroded and pitted. I suspect these were put on later. Anything that corroded could not have been on the wood for very long, and the wood is the original as near as I can tell.

After negotiating with the complete neophyte at the the counter I got this for $100.00 out the door. Of course I had to explain to her that she was not going to get my Social Security Number (this is OPTIONAL) on the yellow form, and that yes my legal midle name is "D" and then had to explain to her that this is not a 30-06, or a 308 is is 7.62 x 54R. She said she did not have enough room to write that on the form, so left it blank (its her butt if the ATF comes in on them) I feel I got a good deal.

Only in TX could you find that in a pawn shop...I mean what kind of shape are you in to pawn that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  Only in TX could you find that in a pawn shop...I mean what kind of shape are you in to pawn that.
                  Eh....guy might've upgraded, and didn't want the bother of keeping this one up anymore....I've traded off some pretty nice pistols for this reason....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                    The oilfield towns have a unique dynamic. Most everyone in this business makes 100K plus a year when times are good. Now, I am not knocking trailers, or trailer parks, but if you take someone who has the trailer park mentality, hand them 100k a year and see what happens. Most develop real bad habits. Credit debt, drugs, sleezy women, expensive cars, etc. Then, when the oil spigot gets turned off suddenly...like what happened in October/November they need to continue with those bad habits. They start hocking everything. Usually jewelry and tools go first, then firearms, and then personal electronics. Then the crime starts. We are at this phase now. 14 burglarys in this small town 3 nights ago, and 2 homocides. 7-11's are shutting down at midnight because they cannot protect their employees from the scum. Some a-hole broke into my truck a couple nights ago and only stole my $100.00 ice chest.

So, now it is my time to take advantage of the scum. I am getting stuff darn cheap right now. I got a nice set of knives (see some of my previous posts to view photos), a real nice set of wrenches in a tool box for $20.00, and I still have lots of Christmas cash in my billfold and have 5 more days off.:D

Its hard to explain the way an oil town works.

Comment

The oilfield towns have a unique dynamic. Most everyone in this business makes 100K plus a year when times are good. Now, I am not knocking trailers, or trailer parks, but if you take someone who has the trailer park mentality, hand them 100k a year and see what happens. Most develop real bad habits. Credit debt, drugs, sleezy women, expensive cars, etc. Then, when the oil spigot gets turned off suddenly...like what happened in October/November they need to continue with those bad habits. They start hocking everything. Usually jewelry and tools go first, then firearms, and then personal electronics. Then the crime starts. We are at this phase now. 14 burglarys in this small town 3 nights ago, and 2 homocides. 7-11's are shutting down at midnight because they cannot protect their employees from the scum. Some a-hole broke into my truck a couple nights ago and only stole my $100.00 ice chest.

So, now it is my time to take advantage of the scum. I am getting stuff darn cheap right now. I got a nice set of knives (see some of my previous posts to view photos), a real nice set of wrenches in a tool box for $20.00, and I still have lots of Christmas cash in my billfold and have 5 more days off.:D

Its hard to explain the way an oil town works.
                      I had a similar problem when gas spiked this year....the neighborhood had a fuel thief, but nobody could figure out who it was....so, I set up a homemade pepper bomb inside my fuel filler lid on the diesel.

We caught the guy 2 nights later - at about 2AM - when he started screaming in my driveway....shit of it is: I had to pay his $480+ ER bill, 'cause you're not allowed to booby-trap your property in AR.

He was released w/out charges, against my insistence that he be charged w/criminal tresspassing and petty theft. Only in America.

Comment

I had a similar problem when gas spiked this year....the neighborhood had a fuel thief, but nobody could figure out who it was....so, I set up a homemade pepper bomb inside my fuel filler lid on the diesel.

We caught the guy 2 nights later - at about 2AM - when he started screaming in my driveway....shit of it is: I had to pay his $480+ ER bill, 'cause you're not allowed to booby-trap your property in AR.

He was released w/out charges, against my insistence that he be charged w/criminal tresspassing and petty theft. Only in America.

Why did you hurt that poor man? He was just trying to survive.

Comment

Why did you hurt that poor man? He was just trying to survive.
                          Yeah, right....he was just defending his riight to steal my hard-earned property so that he wouldn't have to sarifice his cable t.v. and rework his own budget.....lol....

I keep a copy of his ER bill on my office wall in a picure frame, with the inscription:

"Don't be a dummy - I got more money."
                          "Leave my shit alone"

Comment

Yeah, right....he was just defending his riight to steal my hard-earned property so that he wouldn't have to sarifice his cable t.v. and rework his own budget.....lol....

I keep a copy of his ER bill on my office wall in a picure frame, with the inscription:

"Don't be a dummy - I got more money."
                            "Leave my shit alone"
                            Kind of a twisted outcome. The law is similiar in Texas, however we have what is called "The Castle Law". You cannot booby trap your stuff, but you can put a round through the chest of a thief stealing your tailgate and more then likely get no-billed. But don't pepper spray them with a booby trap. Thats a no-no.

Comment

Kind of a twisted outcome. The law is similiar in Texas, however we have what is called "The Castle Law". You cannot booby trap your stuff, but you can put a round through the chest of a thief stealing your tailgate and more then likely get no-billed. But don't pepper spray them with a booby trap. Thats a no-no.
                              If I had wanted to wait up every night and stake out my vehicles, I'd have probably had that opportunity, but heck, who knows? Kinda backwards, if you ask me....everybody crying about when a crook gets his cummupins, even when you decide to just dish out some pain, rather than some lead.....

Fricking commies......

Comment

Working...
                              X