X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by beebopcop View Post
    My main weapons are the AR-15 in .223 and 2 1911 .45 ACPs secondaries are .44 mag and .45 long colt/.45ACP revolver, a 12 guage shotgun and of course some .22s. I choose my weapons based on stopping power and versatility. I try to keep it down to 3 or 4 different calibers because I don't want to have to buy 19 different types of ammo. I would not mind going from the AR to an AK but I could not afford to build my ammo back up for the AK so I will stick with what I got. Yes, I do like a nice looking gun, its kinda like looking at Rusty's knee up there. ummmmm....sweet.

Yeah, I was lounging around in my thong that night!!

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    I really need to go and pick up a couple of .22 autos...and I was gonna get one yesterday, but the 9 just called to me.....guess I'm addicted....I need an intervention.

Somebody please help me....*sob*

Leave a comment:

• beebopcop
    replied
    My main weapons are the AR-15 in .223 and 2 1911 .45 ACPs secondaries are .44 mag and .45 long colt/.45ACP revolver, a 12 guage shotgun and of course some .22s. I choose my weapons based on stopping power and versatility. I try to keep it down to 3 or 4 different calibers because I don't want to have to buy 19 different types of ammo. I would not mind going from the AR to an AK but I could not afford to build my ammo back up for the AK so I will stick with what I got. Yes, I do like a nice looking gun, its kinda like looking at Rusty's knee up there. ummmmm....sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
    That "old wheel gun" will almost certainly out shoot the modern autos out there. I would bet a Benjamin on it. 6" BBl, 10 oz trigger, and it was what I shot when I cleaned up on the local pistol shooting comps in college. I have a perfect load for it too. So shove that in your pipe and smoke Mr. modern-is-better!!:cool:
    Easy, Turbo......don't get all decrepit on me.......lol....I didn't even know they'd invented guns when you were in college.

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by Big_Saw View Post
    BTW, Rusty....good pics...I even like the old wheel-gun. :D

That "old wheel gun" will almost certainly out shoot the modern autos out there. I would bet a Benjamin on it. 6" BBl, 10 oz trigger, and it was what I shot when I cleaned up on the local pistol shooting comps in college. I have a perfect load for it too. So shove that in your pipe and smoke Mr. modern-is-better!!:cool:

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    BTW, Rusty....good pics...I even like the old wheel-gun. :D

Leave a comment:

• Big_Saw
    replied
    1 - 12g Ithaca 37 18 1/2" pump for it's versatility and ease of maintenance.

2 - Glock 17s, 2 - Ruger P89DCs, and my new baby, a Kahr CW9, for all-around functionality, availability of ammo, concealment, and personal preference.

1- Powerline 1000 break-barrel pellet rifle with mods and 10x scope, for hunting small game silently, and packing huge amounts of ammo in a very small package.

While nobody wants a particularly ugly gun...I base my choices on experience w/quality, ergonomics, and tactical considerations. But I, as most people I know, love a good looking weapon. I'm not into big custom mods, either...IMHO, if it doesn't add to the functionality of the weapon...it's just a waste of time and money, and I prefer a nice, clean-lined weapon to a big, gaudy one.

My $0.02

Leave a comment:

• Rustyshakelford
    replied
    Originally posted by snal View Post
    I'm curious about your handgun and rifle choices...and why you choose them. Price? How they function? Reliability? Beauty? Caliber? What prompted you to own what you own?

Pistol S&W 686 old version 6 shot

2 of my Rifle choices FN/FAL and AK-47

All chosen for functionality. Beauty? Nah. Ak-47 is 7.62 x 39, FAL is 762 x 51 (308) and the S&W is .357/.38

Leave a comment:

• snal
    started a topic Hangun and rifle choices...

Hangun and rifle choices...

I'm curious about your handgun and rifle choices...and why you choose them. Price? How they function? Reliability? Beauty? Caliber? What prompted you to own what you own?
Working...
X