Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Rustyshackelford

Het Rusty,

sweet FAL 308 perfect...many reasons. I am looking on gunbroker.com for the same. Much thought went into this decesion. I will set up with adjustable bipod. I picked up a new PS90 5.7 ..Very nice urban piece. At under 6 pounds and the swing around strap lets you effortlessly swing to your back if need be.

rollo:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by rollo View Post
      Het Rusty,

sweet FAL 308 perfect...many reasons. I am looking on gunbroker.com for the same. Much thought went into this decesion. I will set up with adjustable bipod. I picked up a new PS90 5.7 ..Very nice urban piece. At under 6 pounds and the swing around strap lets you effortlessly swing to your back if need be.

5.7 is kind of puny isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by rollo View Post
        Het Rusty,

Love my FAL

Comment

Originally posted by Rustyshakelford View Post
          5.7 is kind of puny isn't it?
          It's a very deceiving round! It is capable of penetrating 58 layers of kevlar at 50 yards (from the 5.7 pistol). so it's small but man is that thing zinging. I just traded a 5.7 pistol towards a bushmaster 5.56 AR15. The only reason I gave it up is that the ammo is expensive and not a milsurp kind of thing. I am mostly a .308 and .45 guy (as I've said before) and the AR15 is winning a place in my heart... plus it's nice for when I bring ladies to the range... they don't all like to be bashed by my M1As and G3 clones... hell I don't even like to be bashed by the G3 clones! (SAR-8 and PTR91)... but the 5.7 carbine is definitely nothing to sneer at especially close range or in tight quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by DanCole View Post
            In College I had a roommate with all kinds of exotic firearms and he always had to stock up on large amounts of ammo (when he could find it).

Which brings me to my rule of thumb I always consider with firearms:

I like fire arms with common ammunition. You can only carry so much ammo in your pack.

In a survival situation, can I find ammo just about anywhere?

Here in SC, as a minimum I bet you can find one in five homes has:

30.06, 12 gage, .38/ .357, .45, or 9mm

So my top choices for bug out firearms: 30.06, .357 and 12 gage

This is my way of thinking as well! Have you thought about .308 7.62 x 51? It's a little bit smaller than the venerable '06 but it has very similar balistics. I know from 200 yards with a 180 grain out of my browning the tomato sauce cans turn into a red mist. And I deloaded some M1 armor piercing and loaded the bullets into .308 brass and put clean holes through a snow plow cutting edge from 50 yards. I also loaded some 110 grain and literally exploded a tomato sauce can... could only find a few pieces of it!

Comment

Where you been shooting around here? Been going out to a private range near Crane. Have to go with a member, but am working on letting them take me on as a paying member.

I'm not shooting anywhere....:mad:
              I've only been here since late September..so I'm not jonesing too bad...but I do feel the shakes coming on.....

I have some land some by Monahans/Pecos....but it's flat as a pancake...not really safe to shoot until I can get a backstop built up..

I understand Midland has a club of sorts...been trying to find the time to research it.

Crane...that's not too far IIRC....

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
                I'm not shooting anywhere....:mad:
                I've only been here since late September..so I'm not jonesing too bad...but I do feel the shakes coming on.....

I have some land some by Monahans/Pecos....but it's flat as a pancake...not really safe to shoot until I can get a backstop built up..

I understand Midland has a club of sorts...been trying to find the time to research it.

Crane...that's not too far IIRC....

Not at all. I will see what I can do to ge us both in down there. You want to grab a cup of coffee this weekend? I am heading for Midland on Saturday to Acadamy to look at a new 10/22.

Comment

Not at all. I will see what I can do to ge us both in down there. You want to grab a cup of coffee this weekend? I am heading for Midland on Saturday to Acadamy to look at a new 10/22.
                  yeppers, I wanna check out their lack of ammo....:(

Comment

Originally posted by West Texas! View Post
                    yeppers, I wanna check out their lack of ammo....:(

Cool. I have a gift card from there I need to use.

Comment

Working...
                    X