Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zombie Axe View Post
    Howdy hellbilly!

I think the Glock 36 is a fine choice for a weapon and it is a great shooter. Some folks have a love/hate relationship with the 36, but it has served me well :)

As for the G17 and G19, both are great 9mm's! I think that folks tend to favor the Glock 19 because it is a slightly smaller than the G17 and thus offers more concealment options.

All the Glocks (except the Glock 36) can use the magazines of their larger brothers. For example lets go with the standard 9mm models. A Glock 26 (the sub compact Glock 9mm) can also use the magazines of the Glock 19(compact) and 17 (fullsize). The Glock 19 can use the magazines of the Glock 17 as well. All three can use the 33 round Glock 18 magazines :eek:

So folks like the options of have the standard 15 round capability for concealed carry, and the versatility of be able to carry a Glock 17 mag in the the G 19 for the extra capacity when concealment is not an issue...

I prefer the G17 over the G19 because it fits better in my hand. It has alot to do fro me with the finger groove placement on the G19... That being said, a G17 is easy for me to conceal because I am a big dude, may not conceal well on you if you have a skinny frame. Of course this can easily be remedied by dressing around your weapon to conceal it...

A Glock is about one of the most trouble free firearms there is out there. Sure there are a few lemons out there, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

If you are wanting the 9mm then those are good choices, but if you like the .45 look into the Glock 21(13rd) and 30 (10) as well. May or may not fit your needs, just thought they were worth mentioning...

IMHO a high cap 9mm like the Glock 17 (or 19) is a good weapon to have. Plenty of cheap ammo (compared to .40 and .45), fun to shoot (low recoil), and accurate!

As a final note... Just because you got 17-18 rounds of ammo doesn't mean you should 'spray and pray'! You should look at it as I got 18 tangos I can hit once, or 9 tangos I can double tap;) Not, I got 18 rounds and I can take out one bad guy:rolleyes: I know that you probably already know this, just wanted to bring this up whilst we were talking about it ;)
    +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 ........'nuff said....
    "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by hellbilly View Post
      I just picked up a new glock 36. easy carry and so far shoots nice.any body have any experiance with this model. pro&cons or dos&donts
      If anybody wants some good intel on Glock pistols, here is a good, simple and visual FAQ:

http://www.glockfaq.com/guide.htm

Good hunting,

'Saw.
      "I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Springfield XD

nuff said ;)
        WHAT IF THE AMERICA YOU KNEW, WAS ABOUT TO CHANGE?

The best thing you can do to support the site is pass it on to your friends and fav sites like other forums, facebook, twitter etc. Let people know about us! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel View Post
          Springfield XD

nuff said ;)
          Yet another option....very nice pistols..;)

Comment

NO I dont have a summer home Im just a working class. My home is in Ocala,Fl,but I spend as much time as I can In Banner Elk. That is were my mom,did,sister and so on or at.Live up on Kellersville rd.I was there not long back deer and bear hunting.Hunt bear over on globe mtn.

Comment

whitch one

Fixing to pick up a new pistol have 2 to choose from. Glock 17 or beretta 92.Any advice? I like them both.price for glock is $500 and $400 on beretta. Im leaning to the beretta on price,is the glock $100 better than the beretta? Thanks, Hellbilly

Comment

Working...
              X