Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Springfield Armory SAR-4800 FAL

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Springfield Armory SAR-4800 FAL

    She followed me home today. Think my other Ladies are going to be jealous. Brazilian manufactured (IMBEL), imported by Springfield Armory. IMBEL's are highly sought after for the quality of manufacture, IMBEL manufactured FALs for the Brazilian military under contract from FN. They are widely recognized to be just as good as the original manufacturer.

    They utilize high quality Type III forged recievers and chrome lined barrels. The sights are much better than a standard FAL so I'm hoping for tighter groups (open sight shooting). She came with DSA's 1913 style picatinny rail so mounting a scope will be a breeze. Inspection revealed she is in like new condition. I seriously doubt she has more than 100 rds down the pipe. Been looking for a factory built IMBEL for some time. Got her for a really great price.

    Obvious drawbacks are the Bell and Carlson thumb-hole stock which prevents me easily reaching the fire/safety selector switch. Ergonomically she is not quite as comfortable to shoulder as my Entreprise Arms L1-A1 or my Century/IMBEL R1-A1. Rear sight does not fold or have protective ears. I would much prefer the folding charging handles of the inch pattern L1-A1s. Additionally she also incorporates a worthless (FAKE) flash suppressor/barrel weight. Lastly being a Metric Reciever she will only except/load metric type FAL magazines. If she was an inch patterned reciever she would readily except both metric and inch patterned type magazines without any problems. She may end up with a US made DSA lower reciever and stock group, DSA's AR-type rear sight, folding charging handle and chromed sand cut bolt carrier.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bayou Blaster; 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM. Reason: Additional Info

  • #2
    Let us know how she shoots. Thanks.
    SQUARE PEG IN A ROUND HOLE

    Comment


    • #3
      I took the thumb-hole stock off of my DSA, just in case you needed an extra;-D
      He who lives with the most toys, wins.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by monet861 View Post
        I took the thumb-hole stock off of my DSA, just in case you needed an extra;-D
        Thanks for the offer, still not sure what I'll end up doing with her as far as mods.

        Comment


        • #5
          BEAUTIFUL!!!!

          Range Report please:cool:
          The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

          Comment


          • #6
            Thats a fine looking gun... I don't know too much about the FAL's, but a buddy of mine swears by them..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by hminus View Post
              Thats a fine looking gun... I don't know too much about the FAL's, but a buddy of mine swears by them..
              Well made FALS will put other firearms to shame as far as their reliabilty is concerned. They are very much like Ak-47s, they can withstand severe abuse and neglect under austere conditions and harsh environments. Their's an FAL owner on another website who put together one himself. He has over 15,000 rounds through it without cleaning, that is if you don't include the mud bath it's had early on. It has a broken piston spring and continues to function without problems and quite accurately I might add. You can see his pics if you become a member:

              http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...threadid=68486

              While they don't have the accuracy of a quality M1-A1 (Civ M-14) or DPMS LR-308, they will outlast them in the reliability department especially when it counts the most, when you can't afford for the firearm to fail you (extreme conditions). I guess you can tell by this pick I'm sold on them:
              Attached Files

              Comment


              • #8
                Very nice set; FALs were the rifle of choice for the Rhodesian Selous Scouts & SAS- if the rifle can take the punishment of combat in the east African bush, that level of abuse, it is a rifle of first choice. Always value your opinions here Blaster, must have missed this earlier- thanks for sharing the photos. RLTW! LH

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bayou Blaster View Post
                  Well made FALS will put other firearms to shame as far as their reliabilty is concerned. They are very much like Ak-47s, they can withstand severe abuse and neglect under austere conditions and harsh environments.
                  Plus they fire a real rifle bullet instead of a intermediate cartridge like 7.62x39 (or 5.56 NATO or 5.45x39 etc)

                  Everyone talks about main battle rifles, the FAL is a true main battle rifle. Not a semi-automatic version of an assualt rifle.
                  My weapon can kill, it isn't limited to mere assault

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bayou Blaster View Post
                    She followed me home today. Think my other Ladies are going to be jealous. Brazilian manufactured (IMBEL), imported by Springfield Armory. IMBEL's are highly sought after for the quality of manufacture, IMBEL manufactured FALs for the Brazilian military under contract from FN. They are widely recognized to be just as good as the original manufacturer.

                    They utilize high quality Type III forged recievers and chrome lined barrels. The sights are much better than a standard FAL so I'm hoping for tighter groups (open sight shooting). She came with DSA's 1913 style picatinny rail so mounting a scope will be a breeze. Inspection revealed she is in like new condition. I seriously doubt she has more than 100 rds down the pipe. Been looking for a factory built IMBEL for some time. Got her for a really great price.

                    Obvious drawbacks are the Bell and Carlson thumb-hole stock which prevents me easily reaching the fire/safety selector switch. Ergonomically she is not quite as comfortable to shoulder as my Entreprise Arms L1-A1 or my Century/IMBEL R1-A1. Rear sight does not fold or have protective ears. I would much prefer the folding charging handles of the inch pattern L1-A1s. Additionally she also incorporates a worthless (FAKE) flash suppressor/barrel weight. Lastly being a Metric Reciever she will only except/load metric type FAL magazines. If she was an inch patterned reciever she would readily except both metric and inch patterned type magazines without any problems. She may end up with a US made DSA lower reciever and stock group, DSA's AR-type rear sight, folding charging handle and chromed sand cut bolt carrier.
                    Nice table too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by brotherzoo View Post
                      Nice table too!
                      What Table?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Table 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	184483Click image for larger version

Name:	Table 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	184484Click image for larger version

Name:	Table 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	184485

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X