No announcement yet.

Pellet Gun reccomendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to heart about the job loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

As for your first article, I personally would rather see you start with fresh thread. That way it won't get blended with the more commercial .177's and .22's.
    We are a very visually driven bunch here, so if you can post some pics as well it would be awesome!

Thanks for taking the time to educate us.
    The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

I am also sorry to hear about the job loss and I am heartened that you are not loosing hope.
      I think a new thread is in order for your area of expertise and and I am looking forward to it very much thank you for your time and thank you in advanced for any info
      NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

I am also sorry to hear about the job loss and I am heartened that you are not loosing hope.
        I think a new thread is in order for your area of expertise and and I am looking forward to it very much thank you for your time and thank you in advanced for any info
        NONSOLIS RADIOS SEDIOUIS FULMINA MITTO

Comment

Airguns 101 Seperating fact from fiction

Hi guys, I think I found a name that sounds OK, it was harder than I thought. Just a trial run here before I get going full steam. Major storms today and cable is still out. But here is a rough outline where I think I will start. I am sure that everyone has seen the Gamo adds for their rifles that fire at 1600 fps. How many of you know that a pellet that goes faster than 1000 fps starts to "wobble" or become unstable. FPS means nothing when rating the power of a pellet rifle without knowing the weight of the pellet. We strive to fire the heavest pellets we can without breaking the 1000 fps. That is why you find larger callibers firing heavier pellets to get the most FPE (foot pounds of energy) possible. I will also go over the 3 types of airguns: Springers, CO2, & PCP and explain the advantages and disantavatges over each one. Did you realize that crossman has been building a modular series unit longer than the AR has been around? I will touch on some easy to build customs that start life as the 2240 pistol that can be bought new for $60. I hate to admitt it but I have a couple I will show you that I have about $500 in, bet I can make even some of you guys drool when you see how they turned out. The really cool thing is you can do it on a budget. I have pictures where people have made nice looking carbine stocks for these out of a 2 x 8 and with a $25 dollar barrel, some rubber tube from your aquarium air pump, and normal hand tools you can make a weekend project that looks and shoots very well. You can also make this same unit a 9mm, a 45, or a .50 cal that has the power of a 38. The posibilitys are endless. Their will be lots of pictures, and I will take 1 airgun and walk you through how it works, its limits and advantages every couple days. I will be jumping around a bit but will start out with some entry models that are very afordable, but also show you a couple others that could be used for self defence. I just sold a break down PCP rifle that fit in a backpack, had a 16 round mag, could fire all 3 of its mags on a single tank of air (that could be refilled with a hand pump) it had a little less power than a .22 long, but was completly silent. Sound like something that could be handy? Did I mention it had a 100yrd range (10 rounds in1/2") with a bipod. Let me know if you like the title, spent 45 min in a MRI machine today and that was the best I could think of, Airgunner

Comment

Sounds great!!!!

ps... you might need to get your post count up so you can post pics here on the board. You can use the system Diesel has in place within the message board..... Diesel has a tutorial here:

http://www.survivalmagazine.org/surv...re-PLEASE-READ

or use photobucket, or similar service. You probably already know this... But I didn't want you to write 20 page killer article and then find that you can't post the pictures for it.

I'm stoked!!! Can't wait to read more.
            The 12ga.... It's not just for rabbits anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X